2520 mounting switch in dash

/ 2520 mounting switch in dash #1  

Deere 2520

Tractor
John Deere 2520
I need to mount a rocker switch in the dash of my 2520, it will be used to control an actuator that I mounting to my snowblower for chute deflector control. I would like to install it in the dash next to the throttle to the right of the gauges or just below it. Has anyone installed any switch or something other in their dash? Or has anyone had thier dash apart or the fuel tank out to get under the dash?

/ 2520 mounting switch in dash #2  
I installed a temp gauge. You need to pull the top part of the dash as it is two halves:

1. Remove steering wheel
2. Remove throttle lever
3. Remove 4 bolts (two under the steering wheel rubber and one towards starter and one towards the fuel separator you need the hood open to get these). You will see them when you open the hood.
4. Remove top of the dash (be careful of the wires and tach cable).
5. Drill any holes from the backside as the cluster is bigger than it looks.

Send us some photos of your project.

Last edited:
   / 2520 mounting switch in dash
Thanks for the feedback and the link to the other site was just what I needed. A good visual always helps.

/ 2520 mounting switch in dash #5  
Thanks for the feedback and the link to the other site was just what I needed. A good visual always helps.

I had saved the link because a thermostat upgrade for my 2320 is in the near future and those pics really did a great job of showing anyone how..

brian

/ 2520 mounting switch in dash #6  
thatguy said:
I had saved the link because a thermostat upgrade for my 2320 is in the near future and those pics really did a great job of showing anyone how..

brian

That site is what I used when I installed my gauge on the old 2320 and my new 2520. Even used the same gauge on both.

/ 2520 mounting switch in dash #7  
Deere 2520,

It appears as if you are tackling the project I did last winter on my 2320. As advised by the other posters...the process is pretty simple to remove the dash. I used a hot knife to cut the hole in my dash. Below are some pics of my dash and finished product.

lost

Attachments

• IMG_0827.jpg
    IMG_0827.jpg
    436.7 KB · Views: 450
  • IMG_0828.jpg
    IMG_0828.jpg
    430.4 KB · Views: 888
  • IMG_0919.JPG
    IMG_0919.JPG
    989.6 KB · Views: 1,084
  • IMG_0865.jpg
    IMG_0865.jpg
    347.6 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_0819.jpg
    IMG_0819.jpg
    947 KB · Views: 290
Please provide details on actuator, switch and wire. What is the make and model is the actuator? Where did you purchase it? Where did find a DPDT monentary rocker switch with up down on it? What gauge wire did you use? Where did you tap in for power? Is the actuator powerful enough to hold and move the deflector in heavy deep snow?

/ 2520 mounting switch in dash #9  
Deere 2520,

I have all that info and can provide later tonight or tomorrow. My CFO is standing behind me now wondering why I am on this forum rather than getting myself ready to take her out for a well deserved dinner. ;)

lost

oh...i found some time and here is a quickie of my BOM and pic of materials

a. Liner Actuator (15 lbs, 12v, 4 Stroke)
Source Firgelli Automations (Linear Actuators, Linear Motors, Micro motors, Electric Motors)
PN - FA-MS-15-12-4
Cost - $75.00
b. Momentary Contact Rocker Switch
Source Firgelli Automations (Linear Actuators, Linear Motors, Micro motors, Electric Motors)
PN - MAN-RS2
Cost - $18.00
c. 16 Gage Wire (2 colors for a someone like me to keep straight)
d. 16 Gage Heat Shrink Butt Connectors and Quick Disconnectors
e. In Line 12v Fuse Holder
f. 2 Wire Flat 12v Connector
g. Hardware
2 Stainless Steel Hex Head Bolts シ x 1 ス
4 Stainless Steel Nylock シ Nuts
h. Flex Tubing and Kwik Clips

Attachments

• IMG_0817.jpg
    IMG_0817.jpg
    316.5 KB · Views: 316