Mowing Delivered Today

/ Delivered Today #1  

bradrich18

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 1026R
I got my 1026r today. I ordered it with a 54" autoconnect mowing deck and a hood guard. My dealer called me yesterday and told me it was ready. He also told me he had a demo model with 2.5 hrs that had a hood guard, canopy and 60" autoconnect deck he'd sell me for the same price. I took the deal and got it today. The 4wd allows me to cut a hillside in twenty minutes I was previously spending 1.5 hrs weedeating. I am very satisfied with this tractor. However, I have two concerns. First, when I engage my mowing deck, I hear a lot of rattling coming from it. I've taken it off and inspected it and everything seems secure. I figured it was the pins on the deck wheels making the noise when the deck is engaged, but im not sure. Second, it seems my transmission makes a whining noise when on an incline. Has anyone else experienced these problems and am I overlooking something? Thanks.

/ Delivered Today #2  
The whining is likely just the normal sound of the hydrostatic transmission. My 2520 whines quite a bit under load. I don't notice any significant rattling from my 62D deck, which also has pins in the gauge wheels. Maybe I just don't hear it as much over the noise of the tractor as you do.

/ Delivered Today #3  
enjoy your new tractor.

/ Delivered Today
Thanks for the reply. I figured the whining from the transmission was normal, but I wasn't sure. It makes me feel better to hear that. I'm still not sure about the rattling sound when the deck is engaged. It almost sounds like something is loose.

/ Delivered Today #5  
Congrats on your new tractor, but here on TBN nothing is confirm until we see the pics.:thumbsup: I had the pleasure to try the new 1000 series at my dealer and was surprise to see how quiet the hydrostatic was compare to my 2305. I agree with pdp11, just normal noise. As for the rattling from the deck, I can't help you on that one. Normal to have some vibration for a split second when being activated, but the rattling.:confused:

/ Delivered Today
Hope these pics came through. I live in a rural area and the only internet access I have is through my cell phone, which has a limited signal out here. If they don't post, I'll have some monday when I get back to work.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110812_112649.png
    ForumRunner_20110812_112649.png
    448.4 KB · Views: 516
  • ForumRunner_20110812_112750.png
    ForumRunner_20110812_112750.png
    398.3 KB · Views: 685
   / Delivered Today #7  
Nice tractor and a beautiful place!

/ Delivered Today #8  
Congratulations!

I sat on one at the dealer the other day and the ergonomics seem very good. I am green with envy for the suspension seat.

Maybe something is loose in the autoconnect hardware causing the rattle?

Good luck with the new machine.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, almost forgot about the tilt steering...now, I'm really jealous....

Last edited:
   / Delivered Today #9  
NICE! Enjoy your new tool. :drool:

/ Delivered Today #10  
Nice, congratulations.