3-Point Hitch X700 Series 3 Point Hitch Lift Capacity

/ X700 Series 3 Point Hitch Lift Capacity #1  

MowerDude

Does anyone 'truly' know what the 3 point hitch lift rating is for the X700 series (can quote scripture)? I can't find anything from Deere's site, and all posts talk vaguely of '..it's about x lbs..' or '..should be about the same as..' etc.

It would be nice to know the rating at the lift arm ends AND 24" behind as well.

Some has said it should be almost the same as a CUT (1000 series), other say no way. Again, nothing precise. The dealer simply says; "Forget the X7xx, get the CUT, it'll lift more." Not helpfull.

The ratings for CUTS is well documented, but the x7 series is shrouded in mystery and deliberate obfuscation.

Thanks in advance

Opps... look like I might have posted in the wrong forum... (should be Lawn/Garden)

Last edited:
   / X700 Series 3 Point Hitch Lift Capacity #2  
I checked and there are no published specs from John Deere on the dealer side of things.
Although I once had a used X495 with 3 point hitch. I backed up to an LX4 rotary cutter and it did lift the LX4 up - with the help of a 47" snowblower mounted on the X495 as front ballast. It was all the lifting X495 had, and I did it 'just to see if it would do it'- it was not meant for such heavy loads, and would probably break something if used in the field.

/ X700 Series 3 Point Hitch Lift Capacity #3  
Can't give you specifics right now but I can give you some real world figures Sunday afternoon if it stays clear. I am going to hang my 3pt spin spreader on the rear and see how much fertilizer and ironite it can handle.

So far I have used a 4' boxblade and 5' Frontier landscape rake without problems. Keep in mind the hydraulics are about 935 psi and the cylinder is small so I wouldn't expect much.

/ X700 Series 3 Point Hitch Lift Capacity
One spec I found on the JD UK site rates it the same as the 2305, 1675lbs at arm ends, 675lbs 24" back. I've seen two such claims in different publications, so it might be true.

/ X700 Series 3 Point Hitch Lift Capacity #5  
Hi Mower Dude.
The BM22286 Cat 1 3 point hitch for X400/X500 & X700 series tractors as per
JD is,

"Lift capacity 12 in behind hitch balls = 450 lb"

This is for the Cat 1, NOT the Cat O

You can find out alot more on the 3 point and all other accy's and attachments by building an X700 series tractor. When you add accy's and attachments you can click on each item you have added to your tractor, and it will give you details about that item.

Good Luck!! Enjoy your "toy":thumbsup:

/ X700 Series 3 Point Hitch Lift Capacity
Wow, I didn't see that one! There's so much stuff 'hidden' away on the JD site in different nooks and crannies.

Thanks for the info, I checked it out like you said. Yep, there it is. I never bothered to scroll down in the pop-up window to see all the details.

Oh well, live 'n learn.

Thanks

/ X700 Series 3 Point Hitch Lift Capacity #7  
Hi Mower Dude.
The BM22286 Cat 1 3 point hitch for X400/X500 & X700 series tractors as per
JD is,

"Lift capacity 12 in behind hitch balls = 450 lb"

This is for the Cat 1, NOT the Cat O

You can find out alot more on the 3 point and all other accy's and attachments by building an X700 series tractor. When you add accy's and attachments you can click on each item you have added to your tractor, and it will give you details about that item.

Good Luck!! Enjoy your "toy":thumbsup:

Thanks for pointing that out.:thumbsup:

/ X700 Series 3 Point Hitch Lift Capacity #8  
I've got a X595, and the 3ph, cat 1. All I can say regards the lift capacity is:
"not much"

I have a 500lb aerator that i've used behind the X595. The X can barely get it off the ground. Another limitation is the short lifting distance it is capable of -- the tines/spoons on the aerator get barely off the ground at full lift.
Jim