Silver Member
    Tractor
    JD 2025r

Default 4110 Engine oil and Trans oil change

I just passed 50 hours on my 4110 and have bought all the stuff needed to change oil and fltr on the engine and trans.
    I have read the manual and it sound fairly straightforward. Are ther any problems I shoul watch for? Any helpful hints?

Tractor
    99 JD4200 4WD Collarshift

Default Re: 4110 Engine oil and Trans oil change

My limited experience: Don't use vise grips on plug. I did and have just replaced plug. Get a socket to fit it. Also, if you have fel: I always make the mistake of setting up drain pan, pulling plug (tractor warm), letting oil drain for an hour, then realizing I can't get to engine easy because I fogot to take off FEL. Moral: set FEL aside when working on engine. (maybe I'll remember next time)

Also: set yourself up a maintenance log of some sort. I just write the hours down in the manual next to each item (oil change, check battery, whatever). There's probably a log in the manual you could use, but I like writing hours next to instructions.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    JD4100

Default Re: 4110 Engine oil and Trans oil change

Just buy one of those metal paint pencil markers at NAPA. Then write the date and hours of the oil change on the outside of the oil filter. That way, the info is always right where you need it