Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota M7040 cab/hyd shuttle - current, Kubota L3400 - traded

Default Adding additional rear remotes to a 4520

I'm coming from the kubota world and I get a bit confused in the JD world when talking remotes in the rear. I'd appreciate if you could help educate me on what I really need.

There is a very good chance that I will be selling my Kubota and purchasing a slightly used 2006 JD4520. My machine has 3 remotes and I'd like to end up with a similar setup on the JD. It currently has one outlet in the back.

I get the feeling looking at JD information that remotes in the back are different from what I am used to and they are electrically controlled solenoid valves. Is this true? Does this apply to the 1st remote and any additional remotes?

Are there additional levers to control the remotes as is done traditionally? Is it different for the first rear remote vs others?

If I get this machine it will be going to a JD dealer before it comes to me to do the installation of rear remotes so I want to know what I ought to ask for :-)
    Current: Kubota M7040 cab, hydraulic shuttle, Kubota M20 loader (made by ALO), LandPride RCR1872 rotary cutter, Horst bale spears & forks, Woods HB72 box blade, Kodiak 7' rake, Walco cultivator, chain harrow, Meteor 74" pull style blower

Traded: Kubota L3400, LA473 HST (300 hrs), and various attachments

Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

Default Re: Adding additional rear remotes to a 4520

canoetrpr,
    Will this tractor have a fel and does it have the joystick for one? This would make a difference in how to proceed.

Tractor

Yes the tractor has an FEL. I apologize if I don't understand but what are you referring to as a Joystick? I imagine you are talking about the lever that controls the loader valve correct? Is there another option?
    Current: Kubota M7040 cab, hydraulic shuttle, Kubota M20 loader (made by ALO), LandPride RCR1872 rotary cutter, Horst bale spears & forks, Woods HB72 box blade, Kodiak 7' rake, Walco cultivator, chain harrow, Meteor 74" pull style blower

Tractor

I should point out that there is also a set of rear outlets. I don't know if this is a separate remote valve or whether it is electrically actuated with the loader controls by flipping a switch. I'm guessing that there is a factory option for a 'third SCV' which is what this has.

Tractor

Ok got some details from the owner.

There is a lever for the loader. Then behind it there are two levers - one for the 3pt and the other that operates the rear remotes.

I think that the 2011 machines can have a very cool setup with the first rear outlet operated using the loader valve by toggling a switch on the joystick and then another two can be operated using electrical switches that mount nicely. I wonder if this can be retrofit to earlier year models.

This turns out is a 2007 not a 2006 as I thought.

Tractor
    JD 5075M; JD 110 TLB; Ford Ferguson 9N: JD X300R

Quote Originally Posted by canoetrpr View Post
    Ok got some details from the owner.

There is a lever for the loader. Then behind it there are two levers - one for the 3pt and the other that operates the rear remotes.

I think that the 2011 machines can have a very cool setup with the first rear outlet operated using the loader valve by toggling a switch on the joystick and then another two can be operated using electrical switches that mount nicely. I wonder if this can be retrofit to earlier year models.

This turns out is a 2007 not a 2006 as I thought.
    OK, you've got 3 remotes on that 4520 - 2 mid mount valves for the loader functions - lift and curl. The 3 hyd remote is at the rear and controlled by the lever next to the 3pt.

The 2007 tractors could be fitted with an optional electro-hydraulic diverter valve which switches the hydraulic functions between the front mid-mount (loader) and the rear hyd outlets. That would give you a total of 5 hyd outlets - 2 mid mount and 3 rear mount.

Hopefully, there are JD diverter kits still available at dealerships.

You could also configure an after-market diverter and achieve the same results. If you'll note from the JD website; the electro-hydraulic option available on the 2011 models is not available for earlier year tractors.

AKfish
    "Most people want to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it."

Tractor

Thanks AKfish - I had reached the same conclusion after digging further into the website. I don't quite comprehend whey they would not be backwards compatible. That said, JD has some of the best parts support around so I expect that getting a kit for the 2007 should not be a problem.

I expect the way this will be setup is that my loader joystick will be replaced with one that has a toggle switch. When the switch is set to one position, the lever controls the loader lift and curl. When set to the other, it controls the two additional rear outlets.

Tractor

Sorry about getting back to this thread so late.

Your assumptions are correct about the diverter but I would check the price and availability of the diverter kit and installation cost if you have this done at the shop. Might find it to be pricey.

Tractor

Steve - do you have this same setup by any chance? Did you get it installed or do it yourself?

I wonder how difficult this is to do by yourself. I installed the rear remotes on my L3400 and there was no kit for it so with the help and prior experience of others here I was able to source aftermarket parts from different places and get it done.

Tractor

No, I don't wan't a fel on my tractor, I use the 110tlb for fel work. So what I did was remove the front loader lines and installed new lines for remotes out back, the joystick on mine controls the top n tilt hitch and the third valve controls my boxblade scarifiers.

I am sure you can install the diverter valve if you are handy but it is a good sized job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast