I'm actually a YANMAR owner, not a JD owner

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / I'm actually a YANMAR owner, not a JD owner #51  
My apologies to PoorPlowboy... After reading the post that was quoted by the OP, we've been baited guys. In my opinion, PoorPlowboy's response, when taken in context, was perfectly fine. He's not the elitist here.

Its nice to see other members actually took the time to look into the other thread instead of just assuming the OP was telling the true story.

/ I'm actually a YANMAR owner, not a JD owner #52  
Yep...I kind of wish the Mods would close it before it goes further south...

I don't think it needs to be closed now since the true story came out and people see that what was said to have happened in the other thread in fact never did. This thread will die on its own now thankfully

I am really looking forward to winter as I need a long vacation from doing any type of work. How have you been Roy? I haven't been able to keep up with everyone on here as I have been so busy. I try to scan the post since my last visit but some times there are 2000+ posts and in those cases I just look for posts I have already replied to and just don't have the time to chat with or help out too many others :(

/ I'm actually a YANMAR owner, not a JD owner #53  
I am really looking forward to winter as I need a long vacation from doing any type of work. How have you been Roy? I haven't been able to keep up with everyone on here as I have been so busy.

No complaints here...I'm still breathing, the Deere is still running and the wifey is still bitchy...
What more can a man ask for?

/ I'm actually a YANMAR owner, not a JD owner #54  
No complaints here...I'm still breathing, the Deere is still running and the wifey is still bitchy...
What more can a man ask for?

I take it that the wife doesnt look at this site hehe:laughing:

/ I'm actually a YANMAR owner, not a JD owner #55  
   / I'm actually a YANMAR owner, not a JD owner #57  
The JD/ Yanmar relationship has been going on a long time and has produced some excellent green tractors. Note, you can't buy the exact same tractor through Cub Cadet or another vendor. Yanmar is a subcontractor to Deere. Happens all the time in business. So what. Deere designed it, they built it. How much of Yanmar does Deere own?

Uneducated? Ignorant? JEALOUS? Green with envy for a reason... The thing is, Yanmar, Kubota, and Iseki all build really good small tractors and have for a long time. They have the manufacturing capacity in place. The Japanese have been farming with these things forever because of the way the country works so they have lot's of expertise. The Italians are similar with the Goldoni's, Ferrari's, BCS and other small articulated tractors. In this country the money was in Behemoth tractors, and we build some great ones here, although, I must say, I am impressed with Fendt and Deutz......

/ I'm actually a YANMAR owner, not a JD owner #58  
I think the John Deere 650/750/850 were built by Yanmar, and maybe there has been some issue with support for them? There's such a thing as an orphan that nobody claims sometimes. Speaking as a Yanmar owner, getting Yanmar parts isn't so easy sometimes.

/ I'm actually a YANMAR owner, not a JD owner #59  
Hi Guys,

I closed this thread because it got a little out of hand. Let's get back to friendly tractor talk and steer clear of the brand bashing and personal jabs.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.