I'm actually a YANMAR owner, not a JD owner

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / I'm actually a YANMAR owner, not a JD owner #1  

JDgreen227

Tractor
4210 MFWD Ehydro--'89 JD 318
Somebody of the Front Porch here is belittling my 4210, saying "it's a Yanmar, and the only thing JD you have is the sheet metal....." and furthermore, that I am giving the JD owners a bad name....:laughing:

/ I'm actually a YANMAR owner, not a JD owner #3  
I think I'm Iseki owner :)

/ I'm actually a YANMAR owner, not a JD owner #4  
Fuc* em. I'm glad mines a yanmar. Starts everytime. You nor I made the decision for jd to go global. Just enjoy it.

/ I'm actually a YANMAR owner, not a JD owner #5  
The Yanmar engine in my JD 4600 starts very quickly and consistently. I have not yet experienced cold weather with it yet, but I'm very satisfied with how it starts, runs and performs.

The plate on my tractor, and my manual say "Assembled in the USA." Of course, they don't say what percentage of the parts were made in Japan or other countries. Meanwhile, I read in another thread somewhere, about Yanmar taking over the distribution of what has been known as "Cub Cadet / Yanmar" tractors, that the new Yanmars are "Assembled in the USA" as well. That's globalization for you.

I'm pleased with, and proud of, my John Deere - no matter where the components were made. John Deere designed it, assembled it, sold it, and has parts and service available to support it.

If anybody says my tractor is not a "real" John Deere, they can kiss my backhoe!:p

/ I'm actually a YANMAR owner, not a JD owner #6  
My old JD870 was all yanmar (cept the JD emblem) and it worked great for 14 years till i sold it.

/ I'm actually a YANMAR owner, not a JD owner #7  
To me, calling it a Yanmar is a good thing...

/ I'm actually a YANMAR owner, not a JD owner #8  
The person who said that is narrow minded and really needs to give their head a shake. The Japanese build amazing small diesels, and the global economy is here to stay. Final assembly here still creates jobs, can't forget that.

/ I'm actually a YANMAR owner, not a JD owner #9  
^^ Well said, Will.

/ I'm actually a YANMAR owner, not a JD owner #10  
Well it doesn't matter what name is on the tractor they all need parts from time to time so it really comes down to parts availability for me. JD and Kubota are king in my part of the world.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.