Gold Member

Default Kubota GL3x40 Series vs JD 3x20 Series??

Hello All...curious if the GL3x40 kubota is the closest "comparison" to the JD 3x20 Series?

If so...what are you thoughts...probably will post on both forums.

BTW...I am looking at FEL/Box Blade/Brush Hog and maybe MMM...would like to keep attachments at 60" is not too big a problem.

Plan on working in the woods making/grooming trails...brush hogging 3-4 acre field once a year...removing some 15 year old pine stumps and whatever else I learn along the way

What are your thoughts...Thanks...TMR

Veteran Member

Default Re: Kubota GL3x40 Series vs JD 3x20 Series??

On paper and in hp ratings, they are comparable. But I'll stick to my opinion that they are two quite different machines in size and handling. After a look at them in person and a short ride around the lot - I expect you'll agree. In short - IMHO the kubota feels more stable, but the Deere is more maneuverable. No knocks on either one, both have many satisfied users on this forum.
    "God makes appointments with us in our disappointments. To see the pattern we must take three steps involving the heart, the mind, and the cross." - Ravi Zacharias

Gold Member

Default Re: Kubota GL3x40 Series vs JD 3x20 Series??

Test drove a 3320 e-hydro and also a L3240 kubota gear drive and an L 3540 HST+.

LOved the 3320...seems a bit smaller than the 3x40 frame. Also liked the Kubotas and could get the width closer to 60" by using ag tires...reduced tread width 6-8".

I have no regular planned FEL work and the soil where much of my time will be spent is gravely dirt that drains quickly and no wet areas to speak of.

Good day but I am tired...saw lots of orange and green as both dealers had pretty full lots. TMR