2520 drawbar shackle size?

/ 2520 drawbar shackle size? #1  

jtheys

Tractor
JD 2520
I've searched and found nothing. I am looking for a shackle to go through the last bolt hole on the drawbar of a 2520, so I can attach chains, rope, whatever. I bought 2 sizes from TSC, and the 1/2" was way too small (figured as much), while the 3/4" version is perfect on the hook size, but the pin is too large for the hole.

Can anyone please tell me the right shackle size to use here? I would assume a 5/8" shackle would be the right pin diameter, but concerned about the throat depth of the shackle curved part. Any help?

/ 2520 drawbar shackle size? #2  
Are you sizing the shackle by the pin size? Shackles are sized by the diameter of the shackle.

a 1/2" shackle will have a 5/8" pin

McMaster Carr McMaster-Carr lists the distance from the inside of the shackle loop to the edge of the pin as 1 7/8" for it 1/2" shackle part number 3663T42

/ 2520 drawbar shackle size?
Thanks for the link. I should have checked there to begin with. I assumed the stamped size was the pin diameter. I was wrong. So now this raises another question, does anyone know the correct pin diameter for the 2520 drawbar hole? I should have put a caliper on it, but didn't yet.
Are you sizing the shackle by the pin size? Shackles are sized by the diameter of the shackle.

a 1/2" shackle will have a 5/8" pin

McMaster Carr McMaster-Carr lists the distance from the inside of the shackle loop to the edge of the pin as 1 7/8" for it 1/2" shackle part number 3663T42

/ 2520 drawbar shackle size? #4  
Check Tractor Supply, they should have what you're looking for.

/ 2520 drawbar shackle size?
Tried there. I bought the 2 sizes they had, and I need a size in between. Seems like the store I went to had a pretty slim selection.

/ 2520 drawbar shackle size? #6  
My guess is that it is a metric hole sixe, just a hair smaller than 3/4" I have a Kubota so I can't measure, but I may be going by a JD dealer today, and if I do I will measure one for you..... well, I know they have a 2720, and that should be the same thing I would think.

/ 2520 drawbar shackle size? #8