54" Front Blade - issues?

/ 54" Front Blade - issues? #1  

Steve_in_SEMich

Bronze Member
Tractor
Deere 3320 w/eHydro
I have a 1026R unit that measures approx. 45" wide - If I was to use the Deere 54" blade angled at 30 degrees, it would clear about a 46.5" path. I know a wider blade would be better and I've searched for 60/66" blades to no avail.

After reading most of the discussion topics related to the Deere 54" front blade, the only issue I can find is the blade isn't wide enough. I can't find anyone complaining about the trip springs, hitching or unhitching, weight, or anything else.

Have I missed any another problems with the Deere unit? I have a couple of resources that could weld on extensions for me after I get the package from the dealer. I could always hand a shovel to the wife so she could walk next to the tractor to help with the overflow...

I'm running R3 turfs and don't expect any traction issues - same set-up I used with a 4115 a few years ago.

Thanks,

Steve

/ 54" Front Blade - issues? #2  
Steve the 54in blade was designed for the normal run of the mill gardern tractors like the old 300 series and some of the 200 series gt's as well. Your tractor is a touch bigger then these models so it really not designed for your size of machine. JD does make a larger blade but I cant remember exactly what size they are sorry. I have seen a few 54in. blades where people have put on "wings" to help with the width of them though. Perhaps you could take it to a fab shop and they would make you a couple to get it a little wider to help with your tractor.... Gary

/ 54" Front Blade - issues? #3  
search arthurrandalcorp.com or search john deere plow on you tube they make a 60" stainless steel plow for the jd quick hitch.

/ 54" Front Blade - issues? #4  
As far as I can tell, the 54" should eject the material far enough. The pivot point is a good ways back from the cutting edge, effectively throwing the blade over more. I haven't used mine yet, but I think it should work nicely.

/ 54" Front Blade - issues? #5  

This is my BX1500 with a 60" front blade with Hyd lift and angle.

A 54'' blade is to narrow for a S-Compact tractor.
JD misses the mark by not offering a 60'' mower .

/ 54" Front Blade - issues? #6  
I have a 1026R unit that measures approx. 45" wide - If I was to use the Deere 54" blade angled at 30 degrees, it would clear about a 46.5" path. I know a wider blade would be better and I've searched for 60/66" blades to no avail.

After reading most of the discussion topics related to the Deere 54" front blade, the only issue I can find is the blade isn't wide enough. I can't find anyone complaining about the trip springs, hitching or unhitching, weight, or anything else.

Have I missed any another problems with the Deere unit? I have a couple of resources that could weld on extensions for me after I get the package from the dealer. I could always hand a shovel to the wife so she could walk next to the tractor to help with the overflow...

I'm running R3 turfs and don't expect any traction issues - same set-up I used with a 4115 a few years ago.

Thanks,

Steve

That is the only complaint I have ever heard-they are not wide enough. JD does NOT make a wider one that will fit without fabrication. If you can get wings made for it then I say go for it.

/ 54" Front Blade - issues? #7  
I have a 72" Frontier blade on my 4520. Works great. I am a fan of Frontier implements, well built and fully supported by JD

/ 54" Front Blade - issues? #8  
I have a 72" Frontier blade on my 4520. Works great. I am a fan of Frontier implements, well built and fully supported by JD

Hey Gary how do you like the 72 " blade on this machine? is it a loader blade and can you move a lot of snow with it in a relatively short period of time?

I have ordered a 72" loader snow blade for the 300 cx loader from Horst welding. I have one of there 60" loader blades the 1000 series for my Kubota 7510 la302 loader and it is excellent for my small tight little properties. I am hoping the 3720 will be ok to move some snow at one large church parking lot and community hall I have. They allow me to leave a machine there and this is nice as it gives my tractor full access to my downtown area in a minutes time. perfect when I want to get out of the truck for a while and go and do detail clean ups with the tractor. Here is the loader blade I am waiting for - HLA Snow

/ 54" Front Blade - issues? #9  
I have ordered a 72" loader snow blade for the 300 cx loader from Horst welding.

Nice plow, DP!!
What did that cost you, if I may ask?

/ 54" Front Blade - issues? #10  
As far as I can tell, the 54" should eject the material far enough. The pivot point is a good ways back from the cutting edge, effectively throwing the blade over more. I haven't used mine yet, but I think it should work nicely.

...thereby leaving more un-plowed area on the other side.