Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Deere 3320 w/eHydro

Default 54" Front Blade - issues?

I have a 1026R unit that measures approx. 45" wide - If I was to use the Deere 54" blade angled at 30 degrees, it would clear about a 46.5" path. I know a wider blade would be better and I've searched for 60/66" blades to no avail.

After reading most of the discussion topics related to the Deere 54" front blade, the only issue I can find is the blade isn't wide enough. I can't find anyone complaining about the trip springs, hitching or unhitching, weight, or anything else.

Have I missed any another problems with the Deere unit? I have a couple of resources that could weld on extensions for me after I get the package from the dealer. I could always hand a shovel to the wife so she could walk next to the tractor to help with the overflow...

I'm running R3 turfs and don't expect any traction issues - same set-up I used with a 4115 a few years ago.

Thanks,

Steve

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    1986 john deere 318

Default Re: 54" Front Blade - issues?

Steve the 54in blade was designed for the normal run of the mill gardern tractors like the old 300 series and some of the 200 series gt's as well. Your tractor is a touch bigger then these models so it really not designed for your size of machine. JD does make a larger blade but I cant remember exactly what size they are sorry. I have seen a few 54in. blades where people have put on "wings" to help with the width of them though. Perhaps you could take it to a fab shop and they would make you a couple to get it a little wider to help with your tractor.... Gary

Silver Member
    Tractor

search arthurrandalcorp.com or search john deere plow on you tube they make a 60" stainless steel plow for the jd quick hitch.

Tractor
    '11 Deere 1026R

As far as I can tell, the 54" should eject the material far enough. The pivot point is a good ways back from the cutting edge, effectively throwing the blade over more. I haven't used mine yet, but I think it should work nicely.

Super Star Member
    First organized permanent settlement in the northwest territory
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500

This is my BX1500 with a 60" front blade with Hyd lift and angle.

A 54'' blade is to narrow for a S-Compact tractor.
    JD misses the mark by not offering a 60'' mower .
    Tractors 2003 Kubota BX1500 / 2004 Kubota Bx23 / 2005 Kubota BX1500.
    Attachments 60'' Front Blade/48'' Rear Tiller/FEL/Back Hoe /
    60'' MMM/Clamp on Forks/48'' MMM
    South of Canton Ohio L .B

Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_in_SEMich View Post
    I have a 1026R unit that measures approx. 45" wide - If I was to use the Deere 54" blade angled at 30 degrees, it would clear about a 46.5" path. I know a wider blade would be better and I've searched for 60/66" blades to no avail.

After reading most of the discussion topics related to the Deere 54" front blade, the only issue I can find is the blade isn't wide enough. I can't find anyone complaining about the trip springs, hitching or unhitching, weight, or anything else.

Have I missed any another problems with the Deere unit? I have a couple of resources that could weld on extensions for me after I get the package from the dealer. I could always hand a shovel to the wife so she could walk next to the tractor to help with the overflow...

I'm running R3 turfs and don't expect any traction issues - same set-up I used with a 4115 a few years ago.

Thanks,

Steve
    That is the only complaint I have ever heard-they are not wide enough. JD does NOT make a wider one that will fit without fabrication. If you can get wings made for it then I say go for it.
    KennyD
    www.boltonhooks.com

Bolt On Grab Hooks, Weld On Grab Hooks, Specialty Chain Accessories, Specialty Hydraulic Components.

Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

Visit our YouTube Channel

Tractor
    John Deere 4520

I have a 72" Frontier blade on my 4520. Works great. I am a fan of Frontier implements, well built and fully supported by JD
    Gary

JD 4520, 400X FEL, Frontier Front Blade, Box Blade, Rotary Cutter, Landscape Rake, 48" Wildkat Grapple and PHD

Tractor
    Kubota B7510, JD GT235, JD 757, JD Gator 850D, JD 3720 hi-spec cab on order

Quote Originally Posted by gbomalley View Post
    I have a 72" Frontier blade on my 4520. Works great. I am a fan of Frontier implements, well built and fully supported by JD
    Hey Gary how do you like the 72 " blade on this machine? is it a loader blade and can you move a lot of snow with it in a relatively short period of time?

I have ordered a 72" loader snow blade for the 300 cx loader from Horst welding. I have one of there 60" loader blades the 1000 series for my kubota 7510 la302 loader and it is excellent for my small tight little properties. I am hoping the 3720 will be ok to move some snow at one large church parking lot and community hall I have. They allow me to leave a machine there and this is nice as it gives my tractor full access to my downtown area in a minutes time. perfect when I want to get out of the truck for a while and go and do detail clean ups with the tractor. Here is the loader blade I am waiting for - HLA Snow
    2001 JD GT235 48 " deck
    2005 JD 757 60 " deck
    2006 F-350 6.0 crew cab
    2007 Kubota 7510B LA 302 loader
    2007 Miska 6 ton industrial dump
    2010 JD Gator 850 D
    2011 JD 3720 Cab 300 cx loader

Tractor
    John Deere 4400 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements

Quote Originally Posted by DP Property View Post
    I have ordered a 72" loader snow blade for the 300 cx loader from Horst welding.
    Nice plow, DP!!
    What did that cost you, if I may ask?
    Roy Jackson

"Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one."
    -Joseph P. Martino

Tractor
    Kubota BX24, Kubota L260

Quote Originally Posted by XSKIER View Post
    As far as I can tell, the 54" should eject the material far enough. The pivot point is a good ways back from the cutting edge, effectively throwing the blade over more. I haven't used mine yet, but I think it should work nicely.

...thereby leaving more un-plowed area on the other side.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast