Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    John Deere 755

Default JD auto-connect mowing decks

Hi, this is Bob in Ohio. Been happy with my JD755 for the past 11 years (it was 10 years old when I got it). I'm a full time loafer. I mow 5 acres and keep a 600 foot driveway open in the winter. The 755 is getting a little long in the tooth, so I was looking hard at a JD2320 until I found out that the auto-connect belly mower is not available. What a bummer. Anyone know if it will be a future option?

Tractor
    None currently

Welcome to TBN.
    Muhammad Chishti
    Administrator

Tractor
    4210 MFWD Ehydro--'89 JD 318

Default Re: JD auto-connect mowing decks

Quote Originally Posted by Bob in Ohio View Post
    Hi, this is Bob in Ohio. Been happy with my JD755 for the past 11 years (it was 10 years old when I got it). I'm a full time loafer. I mow 5 acres and keep a 600 foot driveway open in the winter. The 755 is getting a little long in the tooth, so I was looking hard at a JD2320 until I found out that the auto-connect belly mower is not available. What a bummer. Anyone know if it will be a future option?
    Welcome to TBN, Bob...I was at the JD dealership getting oil filters for my 900-hour 4210, and the salesguy listened to my gripes about the huge PIB the 7-Iron MMM for my JD can be to install, and he suggested I get a new one with the auto-connect MMM....I REALLY like the concept, but I was looking at the 3720. Suggest you connect to the John Deere forums here....and once again, welcome.
    Rather than worry about the things you want but don't have, be grateful for the things you don't want and don't have.

I didn't plan to do much of anything today, but by noon I was almost half done.

Tractor
    John Deere 1023E

Having just bought a 1023E with the 60D AutoConnect deck... I don't know that it is worth all the hype. It is wicked cool - BUT you need to be PERFECTLY lined up and be on the right type of ground in order for it to work properly. Maybe I haven't had enought practice... Only hooked/unhooked it half a dozen times or so and it takes me a good 10 minutes to get it right

Tractor
    John Deere 755

Interesting. Maybe auto-connect is not as cool as I thought. A drive-over deck is a big improvement over my deck which requires jacking up the front end of the tractor. But I was really intrigued by the auto-connect feature. I would be willing to wait a while if I thought JD was going to introduce a 2000 series model that was compatible with the auto-connect deck.

Silver Member
    Tractor

I would be very suprised if the next revision of the 2000 series doesn't have the auto connect. But when? That said, The drive over is really easy.

Tractor
    4210 MFWD Ehydro--'89 JD 318

Quote Originally Posted by Bob in Ohio View Post
    Interesting. Maybe auto-connect is not as cool as I thought. A drive-over deck is a big improvement over my deck which requires jacking up the front end of the tractor. But I was really intrigued by the auto-connect feature. I would be willing to wait a while if I thought JD was going to introduce a 2000 series model that was compatible with the auto-connect deck.
    Cannot understand why you would have to jack up the front of your tractor to install the deck.

My 60-inch 7-Iron is a huge PIB to install, to get the rear lift links and the PTO shaft installed, you have to back the rear wheels up on blocks about 4-5 inches, then remove the drawbar, and slide under the tractor on your back, between the rear wheels, and hope you have the deck gage wheels blocked up at the exact height you need to install the rear lift link clevis pins. There is VERY little working room underneath.

Then, the front draft arm pivot assembly was designed to fit a tractor without a grille guard. Mine has the guard, so the pivot assembly does not fit into place and rotate as the manual says it will. The handle hits the grill guard mount when both installing and removing the assembly...

The only easy part of installing the MMM is the two draft arms. Everything else is just a headache. Very, very poor design.
    Rather than worry about the things you want but don't have, be grateful for the things you don't want and don't have.

I didn't plan to do much of anything today, but by noon I was almost half done.

Bronze Member

I am new to the 2520; have disconnected the 62D twice now.

I can disconnect and reconnect it in <5 minutes, easy. There is nothing to it. Connecting the PTO is a little reach, but no problem.

my .02
    2011 JD 2520, 200CX, 62D MMM, front blade, and RC2060 rotary cutter

Tractor
    John Deere 1026R

I got a 1026r a little over a month ago with the 60d autoconnect. When it was delivered, my dealer did a great job explaining and demonstrating how to remove and re-attach the deck. I am no tractor expert, but my deck can be removed, re-attached and cutting grass in less than two minutes.

Tractor
    John Deere 755

Thanks for all the posts! I went to UTube and watched videos showing how to attach and detach the 62D deck on the JD2320. Wow, it took only about 2 minutes each way. I think the drive-over deck is a big plus and goes a long ways to making the attachment process painless. I'm ready to resume looking at the 2000 series tractors.

Now I am trying to figure out whether to go for a 2720 over a 2320. I like the larger tires and the added horsepower, but don't like the added cost. Guess you get what you pay for.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast