Tractor
Jd Gt235
Does anyone kow where the hour meter is on a JD GT235
Thanks Paul

/ JD GT 235 #3  
Does anyone kow where the hour meter is on a JD GT235
Thanks Paul

I have a GT235 JD(Kawasaki)2003.
The hour meter in on dash panel right under steering wheel.
It is digital and you have to have motor running(if I remember correctly,I'd have to look out back) to see it.
"Best dang garden tractor I have ever owned !" :thumbsup:

Boone

/ JD GT 235 #4  
Yup, it's right on the dash. Can't miss it. Well I could be mistaken about the "can't miss it part" otherwise why would you have started this thread.

/ JD GT 235 #5  
My GT 235 does not have a hour meter.

/ JD GT 235 #7  
bullbreaker said:
I'am guessing its an earlier model ?

Boone

Not positive of the year I bought it used 6 years ago. If I remember correctly I looked up the serial number when I bought it and determined it was manufactured in 02. Great lawnmower except all the cheap plastic.

/ JD GT 235 #8  
buck12 said:
Not positive of the year I bought it used 6 years ago. If I remember correctly I looked up the serial number when I bought it and determined it was manufactured in 02. Great lawnmower except all the cheap plastic.

It's far from CHEAP plastic, but I know what you mean. I never minded the hoods being plastic, but now most of the new ones are all plastic, rear fenders included.

I have a GX345 and have been wanting to trade it for a 4x4 model. I like the new X7xx line, except I can't get past all that plastic. I know it's a great machine, but I need to see some good old fashion heavy gauge steel, before I drop over $15,000 on a lawnmower.

Sorry, back to the subject. I don't know the breaking point, as of what year they started using hour meters. But if it's not on the dash then yours must be an older model. My dad has a 2004 GT235 and it has one. I'm sure one can be easily installed.

/ JD GT 235 #9  
Carl Bert said:
It's far from CHEAP plastic, but I know what you mean. I never minded the hoods being plastic, but now most of the new ones are all plastic, rear fenders included.

I have a GX345 and have been wanting to trade it for a 4x4 model. I like the new X7xx line, except I can't get past all that plastic. I know it's a great machine, but I need to see some good old fashion heavy gauge steel, before I drop over $15,000 on a lawnmower.

Sorry, back to the subject. I don't know the breaking point, as of what year they started using hour meters. But if it's not on the dash then yours must be an older model. My dad has a 2004 GT235 and it has one. I'm sure one can be easily installed.

You are right its not cheap at all. I would imagine JD parts makes a nice margin on replacement plastic. I like the metal on my Mahindra. When I do something dumb all I need is a hammer and spray paint.

/ JD GT 235 #10  
Mine is a 2000 and did not come with one it was an aftermarket item