2210 Opinions

/ 2210 Opinions #1  

Red Horse

Veteran Member
Tractor
Deere 655ZTrak, Deere 4720 Cab, 400 X LT 155
My son is looking at a used 2210. He currently has a nice 455, but if we have another winter like last, plowing snow just doesn't cut it-he needs something he can stack with.

Any opinions on the longevity of the 2210-Who built it? Anything in particular they are known to have issues with?

/ 2210 Opinions #2  
I'd be keeping the 455 and put a blower on it. Don't know what you mean by "can stack with" but guess you are talking a FEL with bucket instead of a front plow blade.

To me, this decision needs some careful thought.
Not knowing more about your son's situation, can't say.

Just that I wouldn't be letting loose of the 455 unless it is plumb worn out. Still will get good money as they almost never wear out.

/ 2210 Opinions #3  
Yanmar made it, your 455 s probably built heavier-not that they aren't good machines...just not as solid as the 4x5's where.

/ 2210 Opinions
Thx guys-yes I meant stacking snow with a loader. Plus the loader is just handy for his other yard work. I too think the 455 is a bullet proof machine-his is super clean. Actually, rather than a 2210, I'd be more comfortable if he found a clean 755/855/955.

/ 2210 Opinions #5  
I was in the same boat as your son about 3 years ago. I had a 455 with a 3point, PTO and front blade. Was a great mower but I wanted 4wd and a loader. Found a nice low hour 2210 and made the trade. The 2210 was a great machine (actually just sold it yesterday!) but as far as mowing, I missed that 455 every time. If he has a small property the 2210 is very capable and the loader beats the heck out of a wheelbarrow but it definetly has it's limitations. If he has more than 2 or 3 acres or does things like gravel road/drive maint. I'd keep the 455 and find little bigger tractor like you suggested.

Just my two cents.

/ 2210 Opinions
I was in the same boat as your son about 3 years ago. I had a 455 with a 3point, PTO and front blade. Was a great mower but I wanted 4wd and a loader. Found a nice low hour 2210 and made the trade. The 2210 was a great machine (actually just sold it yesterday!) but as far as mowing, I missed that 455 every time. If he has a small property the 2210 is very capable and the loader beats the heck out of a wheelbarrow but it definetly has it's limitations. If he has more than 2 or 3 acres or does things like gravel road/drive maint. I'd keep the 455 and find little bigger tractor like you suggested.

Just my two cents.
ML-thx-I saw your post on your new machine-you are in another league now-I have a 300CX on a 3320 and you will appreciate your upgrade everytime you use it.

/ 2210 Opinions #7  
Hi, I've been "stacking" snow with my 2210 and loader for 7 winters. With light snow it is okay. I use a rear blade to speed things up, and "stack" with the loader. Two years ago with a snowy winter I ended up with a pile 100' long x 40' wide x 4' high. With practice it is possible to stack snow up to 5' high or more. Last winter was a bear, too much snow for stacking it often took up to 5 hours to clean things up. I have a driveway about 100' long with a 40' foot square in front of the garage, plus I clean up all around the house, just a path to walk on and for the dogs to 0000 on. With "above normal precipitation" again forecast this coming winter I am tired of "stacking" and looking for a snowblower.
The 2210 has been a reliable and tough little tractor for me with ZERO trouble in 7 years. Even still running the original battery on mine . I mow 3 and 1/2 acres and till a 40x30 garden plot. I do excavating and landscaping around the place. The 210 loader bucket has worn the edge off now from plowing snow on my gravel driveway. I have towed entire 25 year old trees across the yard. I have always been impressed with it. 680 hours on it now.

/ 2210 Opinions
Hi, I've been "stacking" snow with my 2210 and loader for 7 winters. With light snow it is okay. I use a rear blade to speed things up, and "stack" with the loader. Two years ago with a snowy winter I ended up with a pile 100' long x 40' wide x 4' high. With practice it is possible to stack snow up to 5' high or more. Last winter was a bear, too much snow for stacking it often took up to 5 hours to clean things up. I have a driveway about 100' long with a 40' foot square in front of the garage, plus I clean up all around the house, just a path to walk on and for the dogs to 0000 on. With "above normal precipitation" again forecast this coming winter I am tired of "stacking" and looking for a snowblower.
The 2210 has been a reliable and tough little tractor for me with ZERO trouble in 7 years. Even still running the original battery on mine . I mow 3 and 1/2 acres and till a 40x30 garden plot. I do excavating and landscaping around the place. The 210 loader bucket has worn the edge off now from plowing snow on my gravel driveway. I have towed entire 25 year old trees across the yard. I have always been impressed with it. 680 hours on it now.
thx- good endorsement-and between your grass area and your snow conditions you have put it to the test. Looks like however the opportunity to pick up a used 2210 may not be there. I think he is now looking at a 2320

/ 2210 Opinions #9  
The 2210 I had, I beat the tar out of it and it never broke once. Its a solid machine, just not real big obviously!