Replaced battery after 5-1/2 years

/ Replaced battery after 5-1/2 years #1  

chipsndust

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 1025R, Curtis cab
There have been a lot of threads and discussion on batteries in John Deere tractors, so I thought I would add mine.

I bought my 2305 new in March 2006, and replaced the original battery today with an Exide bought from TSC. The battery has been trouble free until now, no leaks, no corrosion in the engine compartment.

I always hose off my tractor after use, and I keep the battery clean. Also put Fluid Film on the terminals and battery top. I plan to use a Battery Tender on this battery (didn't use one on the first battery), I hope this Exide battery works as well and lasts as long as the original.

/ Replaced battery after 5-1/2 years #2  
Congratulations on the longevity of your past battery. I have used Exide batteries on my son's golf cart for 7 years. I just replaced the old batteries on his cart two months ago. His cart takes 8 batteries because it is electric. There are various good battery brands available on the market, but I can vouch for exide batteries also. :tractor:

/ Replaced battery after 5-1/2 years #3  
Nice job on a long life on the battery. I too have a 2006 with the original battery still performing well. I use a trickle charger maintainer on it and that in my opinion is the thing that provides a long life. It is a $30 investment that I use on all equipment and vehicles and move it from equipment to equipment. I highly recommend the use to extend battery life and dependability. Let us know what you use for a battery tender.

/ Replaced battery after 5-1/2 years #4  
Anytime you get 4 years or more out of a lead/acid battery, count yourself lucky.

/ Replaced battery after 5-1/2 years #5  
Anytime you get 4 years or more out of a lead/acid battery, count yourself lucky.
My 10 year old 2001 tractor is still on the original battery. It has never had a charger on it. Still going strong.
My last pickup battery went 10 years. The current battery is 6 years old and I will be disapointed if it last less than 9 or 10.

/ Replaced battery after 5-1/2 years #6  
Originally Posted by LBrown59
1* My 2003 BX1500 had the orig Battery till i replaced it this week.
My 2004 BX24 and the 2005 BX1500 still have the orig Batteries.

/ Replaced battery after 5-1/2 years #7  
Have a 7210 at the farm bought new in 98. The batteries are just now giving out. It barely started Saturday when I mowed CRP with it. Not bad. Has sit outside all its life.