ATTN JD790 Owners w/59" Blower.....HELP

/ ATTN JD790 Owners w/59" Blower.....HELP #1  

sriddle1ny

Bronze Member
Tractor
04 JD 790
Within the past week I acquired a nice (only 345 hours) '04 790 with a belly mower and front loader. This is replacing my '63 JD3010 with a 7' wide rear mount McKee Snowblower......I live in Minnesota where the snow can be an issue so I started down the path purchasing all the attaching hardware required to connect to the 790 for my eventual purchase of a used JD59. Three days ago I located and purchased BM21379 - Front Drive Kit and BM21660 PTO Driveshaft Kit then things came to a screeching halt. I also need the elusive BM16855 Front Hitch Kit applicable to the 670, 770 and 790 CUTs. Although the last production year of the 790 was I believe 2005, for some reason JD has stopped making the BM21660 leaving people like me scrambling. I cannot find a BM16855 out there at all and the illustrated parts breakdown for that Kit is not to be found on the JD Parts Site. Perhaps if I had that listing I could try to purchase the parts making up the kit, expensive but I have no other options at this point? Perhaps someone could shed some light on this perceived problem I am having, any suggestions or assistance would be appreciated. THANK YOU !

/ ATTN JD790 Owners w/59" Blower.....HELP #2  
The 790 is still in production but now designated as the 3005. I also believe there is still a 59" front blower available, however, it appears most parts required are limited to dealer inventory. Have you tried a dealer yet?

Anyway, there weren't many changes when the 790 was redesignated other then the exhaust stack being moved to under the hood.

Another place to try is eBay. Some of the sellers are Deere dealers and you can always call them directly even if the blower parts aren't on auction.

Good luck!

/ ATTN JD790 Owners w/59" Blower.....HELP
Good Morning Roy, we corresponded briefly before I purchased this machine and thank you for your insight the 790 is a great. Good suggestions in your post. I did contact an authorized JD supplier when I purchased the other two kits and they said BM16855 is no longer available and they didn稚 have that old kits breakdown. I致e been through the gambit of EBay and other sites for new or used JD Parts. In looking on-line this morning I discovered the JD Parts catalog has something titled é„*ttaching Parts (Less Hydraulics) (55/70 Series, 790 CUT) on JD Parts Catalog: 2108, Grid: B5, Page: 28. This appears to be a breakdown for the front hitch but again unless I can get a listing of the parts in BM16855, I知 not sure. I will venture to my local JD Dealer to get a quote on the individual parts.

/ ATTN JD790 Owners w/59" Blower.....HELP #4  
If you can find a JD dealer with the BM16855 kit still in their inventory, it looks like it will run about $579.00.

The BM16855 Kit is listed under: 37 - ATTACHING PARTS (HYDRAULICS) (55/70 SERIES, 790 CUT). It probably includes all the parts listed under 28 and 37. Your local JD dealer will know for sure.

Last edited:
Tractor Pilot thanks for the information, my local JD Dealer tried to find the kit out there and none were to be had so he's runing the numbers on two groups that I need to complete the connection, the BM16855 Grouping containing the hydraulics & the attaching hardware group that contains the front mounting bracket. Mystery is solved thumbsup:

Just wanted to follow-up for those of you interested in using a 59 inch snowblower on a JD CUT. I purchased the (3) Kits required to attach the JD59 to my JD790 as depicted in what I'd call an old 2007 JD Usage Index I found out on the net indicating what's needed to attach a JD59 to a specific JD CUT.(attached). Since starting down this path I was able to aquired the three kits I need, the BM16855 for $621.00; BM21379 for $390.00 and BM21660 for $612.00. The BM21379 and BM21660 were available without any problems however the BM16855 now out of production was only found after a dealer read my original post and that kit had been sitting on their shelf way in the back until he removed the thick layer of dust and sent it my way. I scanned the Installation Instructions in that kit that covers two tractor groups BM16492 for (655, 755, 855, 955) and BM16855 for (670, 770). Since the Installation Instructions were printed in January 1995 the 790 is not mentioned but the BM16855 covers the JD790 according to the '07 Usage Index. As I get the two other Kits I'll scan the Installation Instructions and post it on this thread to help others interested in using the Front Mount 59 inch Snow Blower on their CUT, GOOD LUCK !!!!:thumbsup:

Attachments

• 2007 59in Snow Blower Usage Index.pdf
    38 KB · Views: 970
  • BM16492 and BM16855 Install Instructions.pdf
    955.2 KB · Views: 392
   / ATTN JD790 Owners w/59" Blower.....HELP #7  
Yikes:confused2:...that's a powerful investment in front mounting brackets. I hope it works out well for you.

/ ATTN JD790 Owners w/59" Blower.....HELP #8  
Well,

First - Congratulations!
Second, you may have spent some money, but it will all be worth it when you start to blow snow driving FORWARD and not twisting around.

Parts remain available for a long time. Kits do not.

Charleyfarmall, THANKS, I agree with your insight. After owning a '63 JD 3010 with a McKee 7' rear PTO Snow Blower this will be a nice "neck" change. I had my local JD Dealer price out the individual piece parts that made up the kit I received, not a pretty sight > than $900 just for the Bracket and Hydraulic cylinder.......OUCH.

/ ATTN JD790 Owners w/59" Blower.....HELP #10  
After owning a '63 JD 3010 with a McKee 7' rear PTO Snow Blower this will be a nice "neck" change.
Agree -- been there, done that. I now have a JD 59 front mounted snow blower on a 3720 tractor -- very similar to your setup. During the past 50+ years of snow removal this is by far the best solution I've seen especially if you have a long drive way and a lot of snow each winter. A plow is good till you run out of places to put the snow. That 59 two stage blower will toss the snow 30-40 ft out of the way and you won't have a kink in your neck.

Good luck with your new equipment.