Quick question about new FEL

/ Quick question about new FEL #1  

netwayne

Bronze Member
Just got the 200CX FEL and ballast box for our 2305 and I see this attachment will probably be my favorite. Quick question on the reattaching. Is it normal for the hydro fittings to ooze hydro fluid when making the hose attachments? Is this being caused by the moving of the control stick prior to the hose reattachment, which is suggested in the manual for the reattachment procedure?

/ Quick question about new FEL #2  
When you remove the fel is when you relieve the pressure prior to taking the hyd. lines off. This is what you are doing when you move the control lever around.it is normal for a little oil to come out when connecting or disconnecting hyd. lines because obviously there is oil in them!

/ Quick question about new FEL #3  
Yes they all slobber some when connecting and disconnecting. One problem can occur when you disconnect the loader and because of increasing air temps. or the loader settles a little can cause higher pressure in the disconnected line which makes it difficult to hook back up, as the pressure on the check ball must be overcome. Sometimes that is not so easy to do. If you can push against a clean piece of wood, or cover the ball with a couple of layers of shop towel then you can rap it sharply with a piece of wood like a hammer handle. The shop towel keeps you from taking a shower in oil and also helps protect the ball. Don't hit it with metal, as you are liable to damage the ball and cause leakage.

James K0UA

/ Quick question about new FEL #4  
Yeah, before the couplers seat tight you are compressing the ball stops which allows some loss of fluid. No problem there.

What you do have to worry about is when you can't recouple them because pressure wont allow you to compress the balls, there are several threads about how to deal with that, so I wont get all into it now, just warning you that it is fairly common and if it happens don't panic or think something is broken.

There are a few tricks to releasing the pressure, when you do, much more fluid is lost and can really fly out with force so you have to be careful.

You can search for threads like, "can't attach my loader hydraulic lines" or something along those lines to find the solutions.

JB

/ Quick question about new FEL #5  
Wow. "great minds think alike":D:D

James K0UA

/ Quick question about new FEL #6  
OK, James was giving the same advice with more detail as I was still typing.

So you see it is something that's happened to many of us, and you may experience if you remove your loader often, especially if you leave it off for extended periods.

JB

/ Quick question about new FEL #8  
You can make a tool to relive the pressure for under $10. It's one of those things you don't need until you need, and then you realllly need it.

Attachments

• Hydraulic Pressure Relief tool.JPG
    Hydraulic Pressure Relief tool.JPG
    605.4 KB · Views: 228
   / Quick question about new FEL #10  
You can make a tool to relive the pressure for under $10. It's one of those things you don't need until you need, and then you realllly need it.

Looks good just remember to put a heavy rag over it.

I use to have the problem all the time with my truck mounted snow plows, I would just tap the ball against the plow to relieve the pressure, get a little extra ooze.

But when I had it happen to my loader, it had some serious pressure and when I got it to relieve I took a shower in H fluid :mad::eek:

JB