1026r Leaking Transmission Fluid

/ 1026r Leaking Transmission Fluid #1  

bradrich18

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 1026R
I went out to my garage this morning and noticed a few drops of transmission fluid underneath my tractor below the transmission. I checked my fluid level and it was just below full. I tightened the bolts by hand around the area where I noticed the leak and each bolt may have turned less than a quarter turn. The tractor has just under 22 hours. Has anyone else had this problem our does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

/ 1026r Leaking Transmission Fluid #2  
Yep, call the dealer you bought it from...suggest he do a proper pre-delivery setup this time.
Don't hesitate...do this ASAP.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't check fasteners (and torque, if necessary) per your manual though...

/ 1026r Leaking Transmission Fluid
Thanks. I'll be giving him a call Monday.

My dealer is scheduled to pick my tractor up Monday. It appears the fluid is leaking from the rear axle near the right rear tire.

Got the 1026r back from the dealer today. The service manager said it had a bad seal from the factory that may have been installed wrong. They put on two new seals, a ball bearing and replaced the fluid. Had it back ten minutes and it started raining, so I'll have to wait to use it. Hope no one else experiences this.

/ 1026r Leaking Transmission Fluid #6  
Where is the 1026r assembled?

I believe Georgia.