Loader Valve (SCV) sticking on 4x10

/ Loader Valve (SCV) sticking on 4x10 #1  

mvanhaerents

Tractor
Deere 4410
I have a 4410 with a 430 loader and recently the loader control lever has become "sticky" when using the bucket curl function. The lever does not naturally return to center during curling, but does on the up and down loader function.

What makes the lever return to center on the valve?
Is this problem hydraulic related or lubrication on the linkages?
What is the best way to access the linkages to lubricate them? Pulling the boot off the lever doesn't reveal very much!

/ Loader Valve (SCV) sticking on 4x10 #2  
There are springs in the valve that center it (the spool). Most likely your problem is external linkages not being lubricated.

Below is a picture of all the parts, Fluid Film works great here.

Attachments

• 4410.gif
    4410.gif
    35.1 KB · Views: 1,913
   / Loader Valve (SCV) sticking on 4x10
Any recommendation on accessing the valve? It looks like the whole seat assembly and plastic fenders have to come off!

Well, I pulled off the boot over the loader valve, put the 40 degree nozzle (wide) on my pressure washer and sprayed the heck out of the linkages through the opening while working the loader lever back and forth. It did definitely help my issues, and now the loader returns back to the center. Actually, the loader control moves so easy now, it seems like it is cheap and not very robust! Anyone who has a similar issue, power wash the linkages and it should fix the problem

/ Loader Valve (SCV) sticking on 4x10 #5  
Washing is fine, but now you must lube them! I cannot help you with access.

/ Loader Valve (SCV) sticking on 4x10 #6  
Any recommendation on accessing the valve? It looks like the whole seat assembly and plastic fenders have to come off!

I have the JD 4600, which is a generation older than yours. I have had my SCV out and back in. The way mine is made, I can remove a sheet metal panel that goes around the seat base, and another panel just above the platform floor and approximately under the front of the seat. This gave me enough access to remove the SCV. It would also provide enough access to clean and lube the linkage.

Since your 4410 is a different (and newer) design, it may not be set up in quite the same way. However, it is worth a closer look , to see if you really need to take it apart quite as much as you first thought. I doubt if the fenders have to come off for this operation.

/ Loader Valve (SCV) sticking on 4x10 #7  
I would just spray the lube all around the moving parts from the top and bottom. Should probably do mine before it gets sticky.

If you have to get your hands in there you do have to remove fender and seat and wheel. The seat skirt is the worst part of that job.

I had to go thru all that to install the hard lines and lever for my 3rd SCV set up. It was well worth it though.

JB

Attachments

• DSCN2295.jpg
    DSCN2295.jpg
    433.6 KB · Views: 1,205
I saved that picture for the next time I'm feeling ambitious!