Deere 4700 pto stopped working.

/ Deere 4700 pto stopped working. #1  

kelkb1

Tractor
John Deere 4700, JD 4610, X740
Hi, My 4700 Pto is out, installed a new switch on dash, light comes on. The solenoid works, and I have a new one on case, but cannot remove the old. Anyone know of a tool? Herw is a blow up, #4 is the culprit.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...2PEJ9Q8-sE9mrrova_xDk_ZlQbq_1iqMBat-&hl=en_US

I have no wrench for this, even ground a socet , it fit but could not get bite to turn, #4 is level with the valve body. I dont want to turn the shaft with vise grips. I read another fellow rapped his with a mllet and #6,7,8 started working his pto.

/ Deere 4700 pto stopped working. #2  
Hi, My 4700 Pto is out, installed a new switch on dash, light comes on. The solenoid works, and I have a new one on case, but cannot remove the old. Anyone know of a tool? Herw is a blow up, #4 is the culprit.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...2PEJ9Q8-sE9mrrova_xDk_ZlQbq_1iqMBat-&hl=en_US

I have no wrench for this, even ground a socet , it fit but could not get bite to turn, #4 is level with the valve body. I dont want to turn the shaft with vise grips. I read another fellow rapped his with a mllet and #6,7,8 started working his pto.

Do you have the entire Technical Manual. TM1679, or just the page with the diagram that you attached?

The procedure for servicing the PTO valve starts on page 11-50. Did you get the plastic nut, #1, and O ring, #2, off? If so, it looks like #3 should slide off. With those pieces off, can you get at the flats on #4?

Attached is a page which shows #4 in the upper left corner.

Attachments

• PTO valve.pdf
    175.7 KB · Views: 329
   / Deere 4700 pto stopped working. #3  
In re-reading your post, it sounds like you must have gotten the other parts off first, or you wouldn't have tried grinding a socket.

There is probably a special wrench for this job. However, since you've already committed a socket to the cause, why not work some more on grinding it to get a better fit?

I saw your post last night, and hoped someone with more experience than me would respond. Seeing no responses tonight, I thought I would take a crack at it anyway.

Good luck!

Don't forget to make another post to let us know how you made out.

/ Deere 4700 pto stopped working. #4  
The tech manual has a page or two on removal (I think this is what you want).

Attachments

• 4700_PTO_solenoid.JPG
    4700_PTO_solenoid.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 1,215
   / Deere 4700 pto stopped working.
Yes I have TM 1679. The solenoid, in picture a A is what I think may be stuck and cannot be removed, by my ground down socket. I can find no reference to a servicegard tool anywhere for this. You can see the solenoid AM878297. I have a new one, it is from Deere, inside is a Yanmar wrapper with 192159-27700 on the Yanmar label. It is funny to see it so clearly, hold a new threaded part and not be able to get is apart.

Dennis the flats cannot be gotten to, they are near level with the box they thread into. So little is there to bite I dare not begin without a fitting tool. The nut threads that hold the magnet are short and likely wont accomadate the two nut method.

I'll let you guys know. I found a bobcat mobile mechanic through the mac tool guy i'm gonna have him come see it. I know a bobcat is not a deere, you never know someone may have done somthing or seen something. All you guys are great to give help.

Maybe a better question is do ya think i'm on the right diagnosis track? The background is everything else works fine, the pto switch and light, I replaced it any way, still lights. All the power, tran, steering, loader, go fine. I had not used the mower all summer because of Texas drought. So I backed up to my finish mower, hooked on, pulled the pto switch the light lights, but no mower turning. I have not hit anything, it worked in spring. I have changed fluid, screen and filter, just before finding this big problem.