Loader JD1070 w/80 Bucket - Can I reverse bucket dump control movement??

/ JD1070 w/80 Bucket - Can I reverse bucket dump control movement?? #1  

davefr

Tractor
JD 1070
Hi,
I have a JD1070 with model 80 bucket/loader. On occasion my right leg accidently applies pressure to the SVC joystick and the bucket goes to the dump position.

Is it as simple as reversing the two hydraulic hoses that control the bucket? I'd rather have it so that movement away from the operator rolls it up and movement towards to operator dumps the bucket.

I just wonder if there's something in the hydraulics that wouldn't like this??

TIA

/ JD1070 w/80 Bucket - Can I reverse bucket dump control movement?? #3  
Yes, you could just switch the hoses-but...

That would make it difficult or unsafe for anybody else to operate the machine or you to operate another machine after you retrain yourself. The best solution IMHO is to heat and bend the joystick lever to provide more clearance for your leg.

/ JD1070 w/80 Bucket - Can I reverse bucket dump control movement?? #4  
I would just switch the hoses at the quick-coupler. easy to do ...

/ JD1070 w/80 Bucket - Can I reverse bucket dump control movement?? #5  
You could try switching the hoses and change the curl function.
Just make note that the 1070 may have the regenerative circuit on the curl down (dump) that may mess you up when the hoses are switched.
But I see no harm in trying the switch to see if it works better for you.

/ JD1070 w/80 Bucket - Can I reverse bucket dump control movement??
You could try switching the hoses and change the curl function.
Just make note that the 1070 may have the regenerative circuit on the curl down (dump) that may mess you up when the hoses are switched.
But I see no harm in trying the switch to see if it works better for you.

I guess my question was whether the control applies equal hydraulic pressure in the curl up and curl down positions? (ie just reverses direction of fluid flow).

It could be that curl up applies high pressure to bucket cylinders and curl down simply allows the weight of the bucket to drain the cylinders.

Anyone know??

/ JD1070 w/80 Bucket - Can I reverse bucket dump control movement?? #7  
Can you not lift the front of the tractor by curling down?

Just switch the hoses at the connectors and see how it works. ;)

Then you can fill us in on the answer.

/ JD1070 w/80 Bucket - Can I reverse bucket dump control movement??
Can you not lift the front of the tractor by curling down?

Just switch the hoses at the connectors and see how it works. ;)

Then you can fill us in on the answer.

I decided to remove the joystick and added about a 15 degree bend. Problem solved. (I should have done that years ago)

/ JD1070 w/80 Bucket - Can I reverse bucket dump control movement?? #9  
I decided to remove the joystick and added about a 15 degree bend. Problem solved. (I should have done that years ago)

Gee, I wish I would have though of that...oh-I did:laughing:

/ JD1070 w/80 Bucket - Can I reverse bucket dump control movement?? #10  

No question in my mind you made the right choice; I couldn't imagine after retraining my self to get used to the switched functions then hopping onto a rental tractor or something starting to move forward and tip the bucket up so it does not dig into the pavement, and come to a screeching halt as it digs a trench in the asphalt. Fixing the functions would take just seconds by swapping the hoses back, but how would you fix your "muscle memory"? Happy tractoring:)

James K0UA