Why do you mount your tractor and your horse only the left side?

/ Why do you mount your tractor and your horse only the left side? #1  

fuseboxer

Silver Member
Tractor
two john deere Sabres (2554-Scotts) and 4410 john deere ,Allis Chalmers WD , 5' Cub Cadet Zero turn
Why do you mount your tractor and your horse only the left side?

A. Horses bite and bronk it mounted on the right. Your horse may convince your tractor to do the same! They are probably in the barn conspiring right now.

B. The left side of the brain is for creative endevors, the more you use your left the better your ability to do something creative with your tractor.

C. My joy stick is on the right and the step up is on the left, only easy way up
Do not want to mix the joy stick with the family jewels.

D. You get in and out on the left side of your car when driving so that everthing stays "normal" with your tractor.

E. If you notice old style tractors that are semmetrical people walk around and mount on the left almost always. Probably jinxed for the day if mounting on the right. I have tried the right side mount on my old Allis Chalmers WD but do not know if I experience bad luck.

F. Probably has to do with moon spots or solar flares. Part of the mystery of the universe, just you and your tractor. :D:)

/ Why do you mount your tractor and your horse only the left side? #2  
Slow night huh?
Here too.
:)

/ Why do you mount your tractor and your horse only the left side? #3  
Island nations drive on the opposite side of the vehicle.

/ Why do you mount your tractor and your horse only the left side? #4  
Slow night huh?
Here too.
:)

Yep. Can't think of anything else. But I did like the part about the hydraulic joystick and the family jewels. On the other hand if you stand up straight it will miss the important parts...unless you are really short!!

Bill in Western Maine Mountains

/ Why do you mount your tractor and your horse only the left side? #5  
In order to establish a good habit to prevent getting caught in the flat belt when it was being used.

Bruce

/ Why do you mount your tractor and your horse only the left side? #6  
In medieval times knights mounted their steeds on the left side so their sword wouldn't get in the way because they used their right arm to swing the weapon. Nothing much has changed. You can train your horse to allow you to mount on the right side though. I was told by a breeder in Kentucky once that over the years the left back side of our horses' backbone skeletons' region became stronger structurally thru time by evolving in regards to the horse being mounted in that way through the ages. I would suggest that is the same way that certain breeds of horses are different. Just like draft horses are quite different from quarter horses. I am not a vet, but that is what the breeder told me. It is correct in regards to the mounting position that the knights used. The Spanish that introduced horses to this Country mounted the same way. As far as mounting tractors, I suppose mankind just got use to the technique in relation to mounting their horse and it was adapted when it came to tractors.

/ Why do you mount your tractor and your horse only the left side? #7  
As a horse trainer most horses are "left handed". In other words they react better to turning left than right from the beginning. I'm sure they get more adapt at that from being handled more from the left side from when they are young.
Another interesting fact is that the original North American horsemen, native americans mounted from the right side.
Oh, and yes I do mount my horses and tractor from the left, some other things well ain't telling!!!!!!!!!!!!:laughing:

/ Why do you mount your tractor and your horse only the left side? #8  
Motorcycles are mounted from left side also. I guess because they lean that way when on the side stand!

/ Why do you mount your tractor and your horse only the left side? #9  
I mount my horse on the left side so i dont spill my beer in my right hand. :laughing:. I enter my ractor from whichever side is closest at the time. Beer is in the cup holders hehe

/ Why do you mount your tractor and your horse only the left side? #10  
The left side has a step about 10 inches closer to mother earth. :D