5075M...coming soon!

/ 5075M...coming soon!
Okay guys, here's a quick report for ya. Finally got to haul the 5075M to home base from fleet around the holidays. Best present I got this year, I tell ya! She has about 50 hrs on her now after some good work cleaning up after the storms we've had up here lately. After pushing snow around, fixing washouts, and clearing downed trees and branches I have some observations:

Short story, I love it!

Long story, I am mostly going off of comparisons to my last machine, a NH 545D, so keep that in mind. First, everything is so much more thought out as to the placement of things (if that makes sense). The cab is amazing. So much visability. Seals nice. Air seat will save the back. This tractor is stout. Scale weight is about the same as the 545D, but it is so stable. I always felt like I was going to tip the NH over, but the JD is solid. Good traction, maneuvers well. Beet juice in the rears keeps 'em solidly on the ground with a full load. Hydraulics are so much smoother and more responsive than I'm used to. The 563 loader is great too. I really appreciate the digging depth that it has, and all of the angles it can take just make it so much better (at least for what I'll use it for). The little 72" AY11 4-n-1 has been better than I expected. It has enough grip that I've moved whole trees. Triple valves is so nice. Top, side adjustability in a split second. All of the bells and whistles really do come in handy on this machine. The work lights, wipers, fender hitch controls, deluxe cab and air seat...I've used them all, and I can't imagine life without them now.

Well, we'll let time tell how she holds up. I hope you enjoy my little write up. I'll try to get pic/vid up. That is one of my New Year's Resolutions...make more cool videos. Thanks!

/ 5075M...coming soon! #12  
Thanks for the pics, larryinparks. And welcome to the "M" club! :thumbsup: How do you use your tractor (besides turning the key on and driving back and forth)? :D

Really like the looks of those R4's. Makes me wonder if those wouldn't work out just fine with my hay fields..?

AKfish

/ 5075M...coming soon! #13  
One great looking tractor larry! I wish I could justify an update from my 5410 to a M series, but unfortunately, I'll have to wait a couple more years. It is a beautiful tractor though.

/ 5075M...coming soon!
@AKfish-Thanks for all of your posts. They've helped me a great deal.

I work for a large municipal parks department. The system has many parks, trails, and open spaces that need to be maintained in many ways. We work parks of all sizes (up to hundreds of acres in size), many of which used to be farms, and hundreds of miles of trails.

This is what my colleagues and I do, and where I get access to all of my equipment. Along with work done on the tractor, I could be installing or repairing chain link fencing one day, doing metal fabrication/welding the next, and trimming trees on the third.

As for that tractor work, I'd break it down to 60% mowing (with an Alamo Grass King flail slope mower), 20% moving or loading brush and debris, 15% misc. loader work, 4% moving material with pallet forks, and 1% snow. Check out my video I just uploaded. More to come in the future.

The R4s are good. We need them because we didn't want to tear up asphalt with R1s.

Last edited:
   / 5075M...coming soon! #15  
Larry,
Did you end up going with Brian's kit? It can't be beat! :thumbsup:

/ 5075M...coming soon!
Larry,
Did you end up going with Brian's kit? It can't be beat! :thumbsup:

No, I was able to get the Gannon set off of the older tractor before it had to go.

/ 5075M...coming soon! #17  
No, I was able to get the Gannon set off of the older tractor before it had to go.

Nice! I like how the 3pt hitch is raised by the hydraulic rams like that. Seems pretty stout!

/ 5075M...coming soon! #18  
TriGreen Equipment finally delivered my elusive John Deere AY12G! The first one was stolen from the carrier in Atlanta or at least that is the last place it could be tracked anyway. I was concerned with ballast, but with attachments on the back, I think we will be just fine. Th H260 MSL Loader is awesome on the 5075M. How nice to have it all show up on Father's Day weekend! JohnDeere5075M 031.jpg

/ 5075M...coming soon! #19  
Wahooooo! :dance1:

That's one heck of a nice father's day present! So now you have 2 5075M's! You can just never admit it. :laughing:

/ 5075M...coming soon! #20  
Congrats on your new M! :thumbsup: The new loaders are very impressive, too! I tried to pick up a pallet of sack-crete just yesterday and brought the left rear wheel off the ground about 18 inches!! :eek: You should have seen the expression on my brother's face!

I think his eyes were wider than mine! No ballast but 400lb in wheel weights. Not nearly enough for a 3,200lb load.

AKfish