Loosing Power on 2320

/ Loosing Power on 2320 #1  

jdpotter

Tractor
Deere 2320
After 30-40 minutes of mowing my 4 year old 2320 will sudenly stop, and will not restart. If I wait a few minutes it will restart and run for a few more minutes and then stop again. At first I thought I had bad fuel, and changed the fuel filter. But this did not really solve the problem. Through more experimenting I found that if I do not try to press the ransmission pedal all the way, (keep it about 1/2 to 3/4 power), the tractor will not stop.

Any ideas on what's going on?

/ Loosing Power on 2320 #2  
Trying to sort through what you explained. Are "losing power" and "suddenly stop" the same thing? Or two different happenings?

What gear range are you operating in when this happens?

/ Loosing Power on 2320
Loosing power & suddenly stopping is the same thing. The engine just dies, no warning. It seems like the fuel is suddenly cut off. It happens in both gear ranges.

/ Loosing Power on 2320 #4  
Is the temp gauge staying steady? Is the ambient temp high?

/ Loosing Power on 2320 #6  
Had an older Porsche that had this problem, was the fuel pump!

Keep us posted as I have the same tractor!

/ Loosing Power on 2320 #7  
We have the same model that is 4 years also so please keep us posted on results. Only problem we had recently was a reduction rpm to around 1500 rpm for a couple minutes and then it was ok until next use. Seemed to happen when tractor was under a load calling for full power. Changed the fuel filter and am hoping that took care of it.

/ Loosing Power on 2320 #8  
i also have the same tractor 4yrs old and when i mowed for the last time this season i noticed i needed more rpm than usual, but the grass was wet, thinking that mite be the problem. did you check the gas cap to see if the air inlet is cloged ?

/ Loosing Power on 2320
I have changed the fuel filter many times, because at first I thought that was the problem. But now I am pretty sure that's not the problem. I will check the air intake in gas cap. About the fuel pump- when I do not push the transmission pedal all the way down, but keep it at the 1/2 to 3/4 level, the engine did not stop for 2 hours of mowing. Would a bad fuel pump behave that way. As far as ambient conditions- the problem has occurred in both hot and cold weather. Also- No warning lights come on.

/ Loosing Power on 2320 #10  
After 30-40 minutes of mowing my 4 year old 2320 will sudenly stop, and will not restart. If I wait a few minutes it will restart and run for a few more minutes and then stop again. ...Any ideas on what's going on?

Maybe overheating?

After 30-40 mins it gets too hot, it does not start until you wait for it to cool down. Then it runs only a short time until it overheats again.

Issue with transmission could be cooling/fluid related also.

Check cooling system and all fluid levels.