JD 955 Cab options?

/ JD 955 Cab options? #1  

jd955sb

Tractor
1997 955
Hello, I recently bought a nice 955 tractor and I am looking to add a CAB. I see a bunch of stuff on Ebay and other places, but they mention 755-855. Is the 955 somehow different? I thought it shared same platform with the 855. Willing to tweak a little, but want something to keep the snow off this winter. Budget is an issue so I likely could not afford a full hard cab.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

/ JD 955 Cab options? #2  
contact shopgreendealer.com and/or originalcab.com

i just got a hard top/windshield/wiper/soft side for my 4300. it wasn't listed, it was special order. took about a month. it was reasonably priced, and appears to be decent quality.

/ JD 955 Cab options?
Thanks, I contacted both but neither offered a cab for a 955. Anyone know of other options?

/ JD 955 Cab options? #4  
Thanks, I contacted both but neither offered a cab for a 955. Anyone know of other options?

I think you'd be really lucky to find a cab, new or used, for a 955.
Might try these guys: Original Tractor Cab - Sunshade and just do an internet search for "Tractor Cabs", then start calling or e-mailing. A cab is going to set you back $2000 or more.

There have been quite a few guys who built some very nice cabs for their tractors...I think most of these threads are in the Customization and Projects forums.

/ JD 955 Cab options? #5  
i wouldn't be surprised if originalcab had a model that is close to what you need and could be used with slight modifications, but they don't seem to know their products too well. when i was asking about the cab for my 4300, they couldn't even tell me the finished height of the cab...let alone any other pertinent dimensions. they had some pics of one installed, which were almost useless (to me) because it was on a fixed roll bar model (i have foldable), but i was able to measure parts on the screen and compare to things of known dimensions.

so if it's not 'listed' for your particular model, they don't know what it fits. you'd think something as simple as the dimensions would be readily available.

all in all, the cab seems pretty nice and i'm happy w/ the quality...just would be nice if they KNEW the products that they make.

/ JD 955 Cab options? #6  
I traded my JD 955 last March. I had a very nice JDP cab on it. I did some repairs to the cab in the year leading up to trading it and had to call JDP for parts and they were excellent to deal with, still had all the parts and still make the cab.

Jodale Perry

/ JD 955 Cab options? #7  
I have a cab that is on my 955 and is available. It has hard doors with real glass, two heaters, two work lights on the front and two on the rear, wiper and beacon light on the roof. $1250

/ JD 955 Cab options? #8  
I have a cab that is on my 955 and is available. It has hard doors with real glass, two heaters, two work lights on the front and two on the rear, wiper and beacon light on the roof. $1250

You might want to PM the OP. His post was about 13 months ago...but he could still be looking for a cab.

/ JD 955 Cab options? #9  
You might want to PM the OP. His post was about 13 months ago...but he could still be looking for a cab.
I know this is a long time gone but I would take that cab, if anyone has one like it let me know, hopefully close to wisconsin.

/ JD 955 Cab options? #10  
I know this is a long time gone but I would take that cab, if anyone has one like it let me know, hopefully close to wisconsin.

I have a Curtis hard side, fits the 855 and 955, that I would part with for that price. I live in Denver.