3-Point Hitch JD2305 with MC519 mounted on 3 point hitch

/ JD2305 with MC519 mounted on 3 point hitch #1  

cast_and_blast

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 2305
Hi -

I've had this setup for a few years now and I don't think I've shared it here...I was taking some pics of my cab and LED's (different thread on TBN) and snapped a few of my MC519.

Many of us were less than thrilled with the collection system from JD and some have used Protero or other systems instead. I found a used MC519 and a used PowerFlow and customized them for use on my 2305.

Here is a shot of the whole unit from the right:

JD2305 with MC519 and Original Tractor Cab by sgergen, on Flickr

Here is a closer shot from the right to show the hitch:

Right side custom hitch MC519 by sgergen, on Flickr

Here is the underside from the back of the MC519:

Underside mount points for MC519 by sgergen, on Flickr

Here is the left side to show the hitch:

Left side off custom hitch for MC519 by sgergen, on Flickr

Here is a closer shot of the front of the custom hitch:

Custom hitch - MC519 by sgergen, on Flickr

Here is a close shot of the toplink portion of the hitch:

Top link for custom hitch MC519 by sgergen, on Flickr

I've been very pleased with how this unit performs. The only negative is the length of the chute that goes from the powerflow to the front of the unit - it's just long enough. I think if I got a shorter toplink I could pull the unit forward about 4"-6" which would be welcome. It's easy on and easy off too. The MC519 goes up and down with the 3pt hitch which goes up and down with the mower deck. I can keep the MC519 suspended and still have the mower deck completely lowered. It's also really easy to dump and is quite effective when it's an extra 2 feet in the air.

The whole thing (used) was less than the MCS from JD ffor the 2305 including $200 to have the hitch custom made (materials, labor).

Good luck!

Scott

Last edited:
   / JD2305 with MC519 mounted on 3 point hitch #2  
Nice fab job.

Now add the hyd. dump to the MC519 and enjoy another level of "fun". "thumbsup:

/ JD2305 with MC519 mounted on 3 point hitch
Thanks!

I've thought about the hydraulic dump, but the top swivels and the base dumps - it would be kinda complex to get everything "just right".

I can usually mow my entire 1.5 acres with only 2 empties, so not sure it's worth it for summertime. Leaf shred/pickup in the fall is a different story as I have serval LARGE maple trees that drop many, many leaves. :)

Scott

/ JD2305 with MC519 mounted on 3 point hitch #4  
nice job!!!

/ JD2305 with MC519 mounted on 3 point hitch #5  
The rig I use with hyd. dump.

Attachments

• MC519_dumping.jpg
    MC519_dumping.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 665
   / JD2305 with MC519 mounted on 3 point hitch #6  
I have thought of getting the powerflow blower for my 62D and then making a large plywood or sheet metal box with imatch compatable hitch. I would then make a power opening rear gate/dump on it. Maybe one day