Can't reconnect 430 FEL

/ Can't reconnect 430 FEL #1  

Iron Falcon 72

Tractor
JD 4410 /430 FEL
Two of the four quick connects won't. I've relieved the pressure on the tractor side. The centers on the two connectors that will attach are "relaxed" and can be pressed in. The centers on the other two cannot be moved indicating that they are under pressure. Is the a relief valve for the lines somewhere? There are four "caps" on the left boom shown as "19" in the parts diagram. Will opening these release pressure? Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• WP4566_________UN10OCT012.gif
    WP4566_________UN10OCT012.gif
    2.4 KB · Views: 101
   / Can't reconnect 430 FEL #2  
:welcome:

Yes, cracking them open slooowwly will let oil out that is under pressure. So beware. One should do it.

I usually wrap a rag around the one coupling that is the male and has the small male tip. Then with a board, either press on that male tip or "hammer" it with the board. It seems to be soft so I don't use a steel hammer. Wood mallet should work too.

Pressure builds up in the lines, and it is tough to push that tip in when connecting up to the tractor female coupling.

Be careful, as sometimes the oil will come out fast and far.

/ Can't reconnect 430 FEL #3  
If they are male parker style, and have check balls sticking out you can wrap a clean cloth over them and hit them with a piece of wood or a screwdriver handle (plastic) the cloth will help prevent damage as well as preventing a shower bath of fluid. they are female perhaps a wooden dowel could go inside ? let me know how you make out..It happens for two reasons, either the loader "settles" and the cylinders pressurize the lines or sunlight causes a heat "rise" and causes the pressure to increase.

James K0UA

/ Can't reconnect 430 FEL #4  
well looks like you beat me...

/ Can't reconnect 430 FEL #5  
My 2210's loader sometimes does this...I just wrap a rag around the fitting and press against the concrete floor for a split second and it relieves enough pressure to reconnect it. Seems to happen at random. The longer it sits disconnected from the tractor the more it happens....I think it's related to temperature changes while it's disconnected.....

/ Can't reconnect 430 FEL #6  
This is such a nuisance, that I've considered putting a valve in the loader lines somewhere convenient to release the pressure. It is such a simple thing, yet very frustrating when ya just can't get enough push to shove those couplings together. Easy to relieve the tractor side, but near impossible the loader side without getting some oil about.

/ Can't reconnect 430 FEL #7  
As long as I turn the engine off then rotate the loader lever before I disconnect the hydraulic lines, all four lines hook up with ease.

/ Can't reconnect 430 FEL #8  
That works for me too in the short term, until I take the FEL off about the beginning of snow plow time, and then on a nice warm spring day go to put the FEL back on the tractor. The FEL has a mean way of building up that hyd. oil pressure in those months. :D :D

/ Can't reconnect 430 FEL #9  
I take my 430 off in the spring and put it on in the fall. I try to leave the cylinders where there is a little travel left in the cylinder. It seems I have trouble when the cylinders are all the way in. My cylinder for the top link does it more than the loader.