john deere 3032e review and oil and temp gauges

/ john deere 3032e review and oil and temp gauges #1  

slayer94165

Tractor
2011 john deere 3032e
Hi everybody I would like to update my review of my 3032e. My previous post was a while ago. I now have 56 hrs on it and can't complain one bit .It did have to go in for warranty work for a leak from the loader control joy stick unit. The dealer picked up and had back to me next weekend (vacation home only up on weekends but tractor was fixed in 1 day) dealer was great about it .since my last post which it had only 25 hours. I have really worked this machine. I bought a 5 foot king kutter box blade for landscape work and leveling out my 700 foot driveway .the machine has no problem pulling the box blade. I have used the JD forks for many things unloading my truck of bricks etc for land scape projects. We have 7 acres to tame which is mostly wooded .I used this tractor to make trails though the woods and move down trees and dig up stumps or pull out stumps . This tractor has plenty of power .see pic of stump I dug out with loader. I have changed all fluids and filters on machine and it is easy to work on. I added the oil and temp gauges which I love .the two gauges and sending units and wire fittings etc cost about $75 .the gauges are marine gauges that are scratch resistant and domed to shed water. now when operating I feel better knowing what the temp and oil pressure is. If I had to do the tractor purchase all over again I would not think twice about buying a 3032e.

Attachments

• electric 041.jpg
    electric 041.jpg
    481 KB · Views: 1,428
  • electric 040.jpg
    electric 040.jpg
    501.1 KB · Views: 2,357
  • electric 038.jpg
    electric 038.jpg
    752 KB · Views: 1,058
  • electric 037.jpg
    electric 037.jpg
    459.6 KB · Views: 933
  • electric 035.jpg
    electric 035.jpg
    319.6 KB · Views: 900
  • Woods 001.JPG
    Woods 001.JPG
    904.3 KB · Views: 938
   / john deere 3032e review and oil and temp gauges #2  
I too am pleased with my 1 yo 3032e. No problems at all. Tell me more about the gauges. Where did you get em? How difficult to install? etc.
Thanks

Steve

/ john deere 3032e review and oil and temp gauges #3  
I've had my 3038E about 18 months with only one problem. I had to replace the battery at 14 months.

I'd like to see more about your gauge installation.

/ john deere 3032e review and oil and temp gauges #4  
I would like to know more about your gauge installation and where you purchased them.
Thanks

Lissa

/ john deere 3032e review and oil and temp gauges #5  
Likewise interested in the gauges. Looks like a neat installation.

/ john deere 3032e review and oil and temp gauges #6  
That is just fantastic. Great job !! Yes, more details would be appreciated.
Any way to add a 4WD indicator light too ??

/ john deere 3032e review and oil and temp gauges
I did a write up about it if you do a search or click on my screen name i think you can find it i have thought about a 4x4 and parking brake light but have not gave it great thought as my tractor is at my vaction home and have been up in a while but going up over easter and will look at what i can come up . any ? here is my post but could not get pictures to show up . search gauge install on john deere 3032e for pics

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I WILL DO MY BEST IN GIVING THESE INSTRUCTIONS AS REQUESTED IN EARLY POST SO BARE WITH ME PLEASE.THE 2 GAUGES I BOUGHT OFF EBAY THEY ARE THE TELEFLEX AMEGA SERIES THE OIL PRESSURE PART NUMBER IS 57903P AND WATER TEMP IS 57904P IF ANY BUDDY WANTS TO USE THESE GAUGES .THEY ARE WATER PROOF AND LENS IS DOMED TO SHED WATER AND ARE SCRATCH RESISANT.THE PART NUMBER FOR THE OIL PRESSURE SENDING UNIT IS 18-5899 WHICH IS A TELEFLEX 0-80 SINGLE STATION OIL PRESSURE SENDING UNIT WHICH I BOUGHT AT A LOCAL MARINE SURPLUS .THE TEMP SENDING UNIT IS A SIERRA TEMP SENDING UNIT WHICH IS 3/8 -18 THREADS AND PART NUMBER IS 7295 WHICH I ORDERD FROM SURPLUSUNLIMTED.COM I ALSO GOT SOME FITTINGS FROM HOME DEPOT A 3/8 BRASS FIP TEE AND 3/8 X2 INCH PIPE .I USED A 2-1/8 HOLE SAW FOR THE HOLES FOR GAUGES THAT TOOK A LITTLE TIME TO CUT HOLES AS NOT TO GET PLASTIC TO HOT.THE SWITCH PANEL OR WHATEVER THEY CALLED HAS 2 BOLTS AND ONE SCREW TO REMOVE IF I REMBER CORRECTLY.ONECE GAUGES WERE MOUNTED I STARTED THE WIRING ON THE DIAGRAMS I PROVIDED ON THE GAUGES MARKED G FOR GROUND I RAN A WIRE OUT AND GROUNDED RIGHT BEHIND THE SEAT . I ON DIAGRAM IS FOR POWER ONLY WHEN KEY IS ON I TAPPED IN TO THE CRUISE CONTROL PLUG I CANT REMBER WHAT COLOR WIRE IT WAS .I DONT HAVE THE CRUISE CONTROL OPTION SO WAS NOT WORRIED ABOUT OVER DRAW ON CIRCUIT . S ON DIAGRAM IS FOR SENDING WENT TO SENDING UNITS AND THE LIGHT FOR GAUGES I TAPPED IN TO THE ROPS SIDE LIGHTS I CANT REMBER WHAT WIRE COLOR BUT WHEN I TURN THE LIGHT SWITCH THEY COME ON WHEN THE HEADLIGHTS ARE ON.I USED ALL WATER PROOF CONNECTORS AND WIRE LOOM .I RAN ALL WIRES OUT THOUGH HOLE WHERE PTO SWITCH WIRE COMES OUT BY ROPS.AND UNDER TRACTOR ZIP TIED TO STEEL HYDRULIC LINE AND TO SENDING UNITS.THE OIL PRESSURE WARNING UNIT WAS KEPT SO I HAVE BOTH AND WATER TEMP WENT INTO THE THERMOSTAT HOUSING SEE PICS .IT WAS NOT REALLY HARD TO DO I TOOK MY TIME WHICH TOOK ABOUT 2 HOURS .I HOPE I THIS HELPS IM NOT REALLY GOOD AT EXPLANING THINGS ANY ? JUST ASK I WILL TRY TO ANSWER THE BEST I CAN THANKS JIM