Tractor
    john deere 1050

Default John Deere 1050

Hi, This is my first post. I have a JD 1050 which I bought used and had the dealer go over it and do all fluids etc. The dealer thought is was a solid machine ( about 530 hrs at the time) After 6 months use, earlier today I lost the ability to shift the Hi/Low transmission. Had never had a problem with this prior. Had been using only 30 minutes when it occurred. It felt as if the shifter had just become disconnected and would not engage. It was dark so I could not see underneath( I did drive over and hit a dead bush when it happened, as I was moving shrubs)

Any idea what could have happened? What should I look for? Is this a dealer fix?

Mike

Tractor
    jd 1070

Default Re: John Deere 1050

Look underneath and see whether any links are hanging loose or levers having holes in them are missing their links.

If not, you can always say it was Bushes fault. I myself blame pelosi....
    There is no "I" in team, but there is a "Me" if you want to jumble it up a bit...

Tractor
    John Deere 4400 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements

Welcome to TBN!!

Personally, I think it was Pelosi...she's notorious for doing things like this...

Anyway, mbrunelli...you need to get under the tractor and see what may have come loose or broken. I hope it's something outside the transmission case...
    Roy Jackson

"Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one."
    -Joseph P. Martino

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Yanmar YM186d,John Deere 1050, Case 211B

Look to see if the handle is spinning on the shaft. Might have lost the roll pin,or sheared it off.

Tractor
    john deere 1050

Wow! Thanks for all the quick responses. I will have to wait until Saturday morning to get under the tractor. I am hoping that this problem is outside the transmission case as well. I am worried about what I will or won't find. I will let everyone know. Thanks again for the help.
    Mike

Tractor
    john deere 1050

Thanks again everyone. Barry1 nailed it. The roll pin popped out of the shifter and the shift was spining on the HI Low shaft. Easy fix, used it all day!
    Mike