Loader Mounting a 210 loader on a John Deere 2210

/ Mounting a 210 loader on a John Deere 2210 #11  
Very true, not sure what to believe! I know that my 2210 would lift more than it probably should have judging from the number of "puckers" I've experienced :eek: I had the 61" bucket and when that is full of wet snow... well, you know that can be pretty heavy ;) Anyway, sorry for straying off topic, I know that I have not provided any valuable information regarding mounting the 210, just some rambling! I'm pretty good at that sometimes...

/ Mounting a 210 loader on a John Deere 2210 #12  
I did the welding rod load test. I had the 2210/210 combo. I now have the 200cx on a 2720. Your talking about $350 bucks assuming you mount them both yourself. I wouldn't even consider the 210 loader. The specs in reality are basically identical as your cylinders are the same dia. I know from having both the 200cx is more ridged, easier to take on and off. and better looking. It's new. Improved cast front bucket attach brackets. The pins are through drilled for easy greasing and have a better design. The 210 went on/off fast but It really likes to be parked on level ground otherwise it can be problematic to get back on where the 200cx is more forgiving in that reguard. If it was more like $1000 difference I might consider it.

/ Mounting a 210 loader on a John Deere 2210
Hi lwalsh, thanks for your post. Good to hear about your experiences.

Quick update on the pricing I gave: I called several local dealers and got clarification on their pricing for a 200CX loader. Once you add in sales tax and the hood guard, the best price I could get on a 200CX loader was $3600. Add another $300 for installation. Way more than the $3200 installed price I had been expecting initially for a 200CX loader.

So, we're talking about a $1000 savings to go with this 210 loader.

You can do a lot with $1000 in savings. Tough to pass up. But when we started this process I told myself that the most we could afford to spend right now is $2400. So I have to figure out where to get an extra $200 to make this happen.

Or, I could just hold out for a 200CX. But I have real trouble convincing myself that it's worth an extra grand. That extra $1000 could buy me a nice box blade, heavy hitch, and some extra suitcase weights--all things I'd love to have. Or, I could get pallet forks and a tooth bar for the loader--also things I'd benefit from. Or they could go into savings for a future backhoe attachment. There's just a lot you can do with $1000.

-Josh

/ Mounting a 210 loader on a John Deere 2210 #14  
The 210 loader is a quick attach loader much like the 200CX loader. I haven't been able to find any videos demonstrating exactly how it comes on and off, but from the manual it sounds very similar to the way the 200CX loader comes on and off.

Pull in, attach hoses, use joystick, set pins. Attached !

pull pins, use joystick, uncouple hoses, pull out. gone!

I have a 210 loader on my 2210 I got new in 2004. I think I can and have uninstalled the loader in less than a minute. Attaching takes a little longer just because of the care involved in setting the hoses in the hangar and pluggiing them in securely. The only thing about it is the 210 loader is best set on a level floor and raise the arms a minum amount cause when the thing starts to lower itself onto the mounts it can dance around a little bit. I'm sure a lot of 210 loader owners can tell you about the "dance" it does.
I have the day off but it's cold outside and feelin a bit too lazy to make a video for ya today ... ;)

As for DIY installation, it looks pretty straightforward to just bolt the brackets to the frame.

/ Mounting a 210 loader on a John Deere 2210 #15  
I agree jbeall. For that money I would get the 210. Although I like the 200cx better for the reasons I mentioned. I worked the heck out of my 2210 doing loader work and never had a problem. One word of caution. It is a dangerous setup without the proper counterweight. Between wheel weights, loaded tires, and a home made counterweight I had 900 lbs. I would recommend at least 600. Anyone that says a implement such as a backblade is adequate ballast on a 2210 is giving bad advice IMO.

/ Mounting a 210 loader on a John Deere 2210 #16  
I would go with the 210 loader. I would also ask the selling dealer for a discount on the mounting parts and front guard. I think there is quite a markup in parts and all he would have to do is order and then sell them to you. Remind him you are buying a discontinued loader.

As for oil level, once mounted and cycled several times to bleed any air out, just add trans fluid as required.

I would not hesitate to mount it myself. Been there, done that. (three times for the JD 245 on the JD 2030)

Here's the situation on the parts: the dealer with the loader is not a John Deere dealer, and so he can't get me parts. He did offer to knock $100 off the price, discounting the loader to $1750, when we realized it was missing the mounting brackets. That was the lowest he was willing to go. I asked him to knock $300 off to cover the mounting brackets, but $100 was all he would do.

In all fairness, $1750 for the loader, even without the subframe, is not an unreasonable price, I don't think.

I called my local dealer and got prices: $300 for the mounting brackets and bolts, and $375 for the hood guard kit. So $675 total. I then did some searching online and I can get the mounting brackets and hood guard kit from greenfarmparts.com for $440 shipped. So I'm figuring on $440 for the subframe and hoodguard.

I expect to spend another $20 on hydraulic fluid and $390 in freight. Add it all up ($1750 + $440 + $20 + $390), and you get the $2600.

I think at this point I've settled on going for this loader, but as I mentioned earlier, I've only got $2400 for this at the moment. I've got some more money coming in this month that I can set aside for this. If the seller still has the loader after Christmas, I'll be able to snag it then.

What kills me is the freight. Too bad I can't get free shipping on orders over $25, like with Amazon ;-)

Ok, I had a thought--should I be worried about anything going bad from sitting for a long time without use? Reportedly this loader has never been mounted. I'm guessing it's been sitting for 5 or more years.

Are there seals in the cylinders that may have failed during that period? I'm wondering if I'll have unexpected repairs when I get it...

/ Mounting a 210 loader on a John Deere 2210 #19  
jbeall said:
Ok, I had a thought--should I be worried about anything going bad from sitting for a long time without use? Reportedly this loader has never been mounted. I'm guessing it's been sitting for 5 or more years.

Are there seals in the cylinders that may have failed during that period? I'm wondering if I'll have unexpected repairs when I get it...

It would be the same worry as something new coming off the assembly line... Only difference is you get a warranty with one.

I'd go for the 200CX if I was in your shoes.

/ Mounting a 210 loader on a John Deere 2210 #20  
I did not realise loader was not at a JD dealer. Looks like you found a great deal on the extra parts.
Where did you get the freight quote? If you are not in a hurry, you might be able to do better. You could ask for bids from Uship.com Or many Forums have a hauling section where you can post your needs or find posts from someone with an empty trailer looking for gas money that's already passing near point A (where the loader is) and point B (your location) Pirate4x4.com is one.
From the pictures you posted, I see no worries.