2320 - How do i stop this leak

/ 2320 - How do i stop this leak #31  
Stuff a rag in there so the oil doesn't drip on the floor, and change the "diaper" once in a while. ;) :)

/ 2320 - How do i stop this leak
UPDATE - Well i picked up a set of universal joint sockets yesterday and played with it a little this afternoon.. It is such close space even the 1/4" universal was too long.. I can get a socket on the nut there there is NO room behind it to get a rachet on it.. :-(

I also tried a wrench on it.. You cant even get the socket end on the nut, but you can get the open end on it BUT you can swing the wrench <1.5" at a time if i got it loosened up..

So it appears that unless I take a lot of other parts off I will just have to live with my leak.. I am taking some time off tomorrow, so I will keep playing around and see if i can figure out a fix..

thanks for all the help

b

/ 2320 - How do i stop this leak #33  
Rather than a rubber washer, I would use a copper washer commonly used where brake hoses bolt to brake calipers with a banjo bolt. An Auto Parts store should be able to match to the size you need.

Good luck with the repair. Looks challenging.

/ 2320 - How do i stop this leak
Zebrafive - I was at AutoZone and saw those copper washers and wondered if they would work

BUT - I messed with the bolt again this morning and due to the limited access to the area, I just buttoned the tractor back up and will just live with the leak until it gets worse..

Somehow I ended up with 2 bolts from the dash area left over.. oops.. I do know they are from that area because I kept them together..

thanks for all the help.. I really appreciate the brain trust TBN offers..

Brian