Snow 3320 Block heater location?

/ 3320 Block heater location? #1  

OrangeJbird

Silver Member
Tractor
3320 w/300cx FEL
I see 2 plugs on the Left side. Put it in the front or back one?
I bought a 1" NPT heater for $27.00
Looks just like the Deere and Zerostart models.

/ 3320 Block heater location? #2  
Bump. I'm sure someone has installed their own here. :confused:

Mine came with the block heater installed.....but my tractor is a long way from here. IIRC it's located near the front of the engine. I'm not sure the location would make a difference.....but which one is easier to access for you?

I can remember having some difficulty accessing the plug when installing one on my old 790. Only one location for that model.

/ 3320 Block heater location? #3  
I installed my own on a 4110. I used the rear plug--easiest to get at in my case. Simple job and it didn't take too long.

/ 3320 Block heater location? #4  
I'm having the dealer install mine tomorrow. On a turbo-charged, inter-cooled 3720 cab with loader, there's just too much in the way to actually get at the block. Open the hood, and it looks like a mad plumber was let loose in there. Dealer says 30 minutes, so I'll let it be their 30 minutes. For me, it would probably be 3 hours.

//greg//

/ 3320 Block heater location? #5  
I just installed one on my jd 955 and put it in the left front hole per my dealers recommendation. Not sure if it makes a difference though.

/ 3320 Block heater location? #6  
I installed mine 4 years ago. Put it in rear, can't take a picture as my Femco is on. I do remember that the plug was really tight, put long pipe on my 1/2" breaker bar:mad:. I got the JD ($$) one, it does work good (15-30 min.) and only draws 3 amps.:thumbsup:

/ 3320 Block heater location? #7  
I installed the one on my 2520. I only had one hole I could remove that was threaded. The other was a knock out plug. It was 1" NPT threads. I has to remove the alternator to get to the plug. Now if winter wasn't about 2 months late in coming I could try it out.

/ 3320 Block heater location?
Bump. I'm sure someone has installed their own here. :confused:

Mine came with the block heater installed.....but my tractor is a long way from here. IIRC it's located near the front of the engine. I'm not sure the location would make a difference.....but which one is easier to access for you?

Thanks.
Still no definite answer as to which hole it goes in. Front one looks easier but I'm not sure there's clearance behind the plug. We're getting there.
Someone a Deere Technician here that has put one in?

/ 3320 Block heater location? #9  
Ok, my 3720's back from the dealer. For $44 labor, they installed JD heater #AR87167 ($75) and gasket PM38656 ($17). Glad I had them do it, because it's behind the large diameter hydraulic return on the left side of the engine block. You should have the same block as me, without the turbo and intercooler. I can't even see the heater behind the hydraulic line, I had to follow the 3 prong cord and feel behind with my hand. It's forward of the starter motor, but aft of the 2nd hydro pump, hidden behind (what I think is) the big fat eHydro supply line. Pretty sure they had to remove the at least the hydraulic line - perhaps more - just to get access to the hole.

//greg//

/ 3320 Block heater location?
Thanks Greg

I think that's where I' ll put mine.