was given a Jd 24a skid steer.

/ was given a Jd 24a skid steer. #1  

westtt80

Tractor
Jd 24a skid steer
I was given a john deere skid steer today. The tag said model: L24ah

It was my uncles and he ran it out of gas I want to say 5 years ago.
And he somewhat took it apart.

I have a few questions.

What is the best way to get fuel to the motor?

Where can I find the chain link adapter for the engine out put to the hydraulic pump.

Where can I find a bucket? It has a home made fork looking thing on the front..

I will post pics asap. Thanks for any help

/ was given a Jd 24a skid steer. #2  
If the mechanical pump is done for get an elcheapo electric. I think these units where Owatonna built I don't think there are really any parts outlets around anymore for these machines. Good luck

/ was given a Jd 24a skid steer.
Does anyone know what the chain link thing is I'm talking about?

Hopefuly the fuel pump works

/ was given a Jd 24a skid steer. #4  
Does anyone know what the chain link thing is I'm talking about?

Hopefuly the fuel pump works

Go to JDParts.com, Enter 24A in the model number field. From there you can browse the same parts diagrams and listings that the dealers use.

There are several pages title "Hydrostatic Linkage". It would be helpful to have your serial number ready when you figure out which one applies to your machine. It looks like "4 - HYDROSTATIC LINKAGE" is the most common one for gasoline powered units.

I believe you don't have to "join" an log in to JDParts to browse the information. You only have to do that if you want to order things through them.

Good luck!

DennisFolsom said:
Go to JDParts.com, Enter 24A in the model number field. From there you can browse the same parts diagrams and listings that the dealers use.

There are several pages title "Hydrostatic Linkage". It would be helpful to have your serial number ready when you figure out which one applies to your machine. It looks like "4 - HYDROSTATIC LINKAGE" is the most common one for gasoline powered units.

I believe you don't have to "join" an log in to JDParts to browse the information. You only have to do that if you want to order things through them.

Good luck!

This skid I got is diesel. I may have said gas, I meant fuel.

And thank you for the help I'll check the site see what I can find

ForumRunner_20111228_214454.png

ForumRunner_20111228_214513.png

I found the chain link:thumbsup: thanks man

now i just have to get a battery and get fuel to the motor and make sure it will run before i start ordering parts.

but its good to know i can get parts.

Also it says this skid was made in USA on the serial tag

/ was given a Jd 24a skid steer. #9  
Finding the part listed in John Deere's site and having the part actually available to order are two different things. From what I understand, JD is one of the best for parts availability, though.

Good luck!

Well I hope I can get parts for it when the time comes.

I put a battery in today messed with it for a little while but could get it to even make a sound. Ran out of daylight.

I dont know if a brake has to be locked or what.

Might just hook to the starter on monday