110 tlb failure

/ 110 tlb failure #1  

skeeter1

Tractor
john deere 110tlb
i got a 110 tlb and i talked to a used tractor dealer today and told him what i have and he told me he has seen a few 110 tlbs with broken bellhouseing from the loader around the loader bolts so i called some jd dealers and some have ran across this before they think it was abuse or bolts coming loose and not checked .i am worried now about mine. repair cost is almost $10,000 what do you think has anybody herd of this i just got my jd and the price was right hope i made the right buy.

/ 110 tlb failure #2  
I haven't heard of any failures similar to what you mention but if concerned check the bolts with a torque wrench to be sure they are tight enough. I will be going over my 110 in the next few weeks and will check this also.

I have about 800 hours on the 110 and have been very satisfied with it overall. I wouldn't get my drawers in a knot.:D

/ 110 tlb failure #3  
Welcome to TBN, skeeter1. Just curious... did that tractor dealer make you an offer?? :laughing: You know... ease your worries and keep you from a costly mistake?

I've got a thousand hours on my 110, now. I've loaded and unloaded some pretty heavy materials and objects with it - up to and including having the rear wheels spin-out!

My bolt's are all good! Even my "pumpkin"... :thumbsup:

AKfish

/ 110 tlb failure
well just herd this today and did not know if this was something that was a bad problem with 110 tlb or not sound like it is not which is good i the 110 alot and did not want to get rid of it dealer made it out to be a big deal.

/ 110 tlb failure #5  
In all seriousness... I've only heard/seen one instance where a 110 had, essentially broken in half. And, the conclusion was very poor maintainence (should look around at the machine - at least a little bit) and abuse.

Take care of your tractor - it'll take care of you!

AKfish

/ 110 tlb failure #6  
Wasn't there a post about buying one and having it fall apart, then finding the seller had even epoxied bolt heads on to brackets to hide stripped or ruined bolt holes? Seems the guy repaired it himself working outside.

/ 110 tlb failure #7  
Wasn't there a post about buying one and having it fall apart, then finding the seller had even epoxied bolt heads on to brackets to hide stripped or ruined bolt holes? Seems the guy repaired it himself working outside.

I read all the posts on the 110tlbs' and don't recall anything like this in the last couple of years. Even so, I still wouldn't be concerned as there is no telling why or how the machine was abused.

/ 110 tlb failure #8  

I remember that post, but have no idea how to find it.

/ 110 tlb failure #9  

I remember reading through that post and do recall the fella sayin it was an estimated repair around 10g's. The machine literally broke in half and the previous had indeed epoxied broken bolt heads over the ones that had broken off. The most amazing thing to me was the guy disassembled and reassembled everything outdoors during the winter and did a fantasticjob of it to boot. I could never find that post again though....