Hydraulic scraper with 4000 series.

/ Hydraulic scraper with 4000 series. #11  
I see John Deere offers rear blades that have there own hydraulic rams for angle and tilt, as long as one has the remotes for those, that might be a better way to go then top n tilt, not?

IMO I'd get the T-n-T. TnT works on all my implements, if I got a towable box then the angling functions would only work on that one implement.

Oh if its a long road you might want to look into implements like this:

Hoelscher Commercial Products

rolling box scraper, and dump box scraper.

/ Hydraulic scraper with 4000 series. #12  
If I thought I might pave the drive I would skip buying this stuff and have the paving contractor be responsible for the complete job. I recommend you get a price for the paving job to figure all of this out first.

/ Hydraulic scraper with 4000 series. #13  
JD
What are you calling "hog fuel" ? Must be a local term. What is it, just out of curiosity?

/ Hydraulic scraper with 4000 series.
JD
What are you calling "hog fuel" ? Must be a local term. What is it, just out of curiosity?

It's basically telephone pole shavings. They take large trees and telephone poles, and destroy them so they come out almost like mulch.

Image found using Google search.

Hog%20Fuel.jpg

/ Hydraulic scraper with 4000 series. #15  
Hog fuel - new term to me also. So why would one put this down on a driveway in place of gravel? I don't get that.

Hog fuel - new term to me also. So why would one put this down on a driveway in place of gravel? I don't get that.

Long and the short of it, the in-laws were cheaping out. Before I came along, they built this small barn for the misses (she was 12 at the time) and instead of making a proper road, they simply dumped hog fuel in a curvy line and called it a road.

Since I came into the picture, I don't tolerate that kind of ****. If your going to do something, I think it should be done 100% correct and professional right from the start. If you can't afford to do something the correct way, you shouldn't do it at all. It's like buying a car but you cant afford insurance for it, then you shouldn't have it to begin with.

There are a ton of things around here in disrepair or just simply cheaped out on. All the fencing is non-treated, so it is completely rotten and all of it needs to be replaced, were talking 400, 10ft 2x6's. Only last year was there finally a permanent water line installed. For years, they would buy the cheapest hoses they could find, and put 5 of them together, to reach the 250 ft from the house water supply, to the barn. Obviously hoses being at ground level would freeze, so every winter she had to haul water to the barn by buckets, or wait until it became warmer. The hoses were exposed to UV rays, constant temperature changes, and since they were cheap, usually one hose blew every 6 months or so.

All of the fencing is cock-eyed because it was not done professionally. There were no holes dug and posts put in level and straight, it was the old, hold it up while I pound it in with the loader bucket. That's all fine and dandy if you do it straight and level!

Basically, everything besides the barn and the paddock fences, I would like to rip up and start over. I cannot stand unprofessional-ism, at work OR at home.

Don't get me wrong, she's very grateful that she was even given her own barn at the age of 12, but all through the years, there's no need to simply not maintain things, or not put in the roads and water lines a person needs. Especially when they aren't hurting for the money. It's the same old story, they always tell people they are broke and have no cash, but every single year they go on big grand vacations that cost $10,000.

Am I bitter about it? Yes, I am, and I always will be. I hate cheap people with a passion, I hate when people try to fix things the cheap way, or when they try to install something the cheap way. Now it's up to me to fix all of this stuff. The barn is still on there property, it isn't on ours, so I don't intend to pay for all kinds of upgrades that will increase there property value, of which I would never see one penny of if they decided to sell it. We pay for everything to do with the barn now, but I don't feel major projects should be the sole responsibility of our wallets. When it comes right down to it, it's not our land, they could take "her" barn anyway any time they feel like if they decided to sell.

/ Hydraulic scraper with 4000 series. #17  
My brother had one 10' wide, I think the name brand was Land Scraper or something... Not sure. Anyway, very nice! It is much easier to keep a constant smooth grade when spreading, turn and grade around corners better. I don't know, their just nice... lol If you get one make sure the dealer puts a hose on the other end of the cylinder so you can lift the wheels off the ground for added weight if needed.

/ Hydraulic scraper with 4000 series. #18  
Long and the short of it, the in-laws were cheaping out. Before I came along, they built this small barn for the misses (she was 12 at the time) and instead of making a proper road, they simply dumped hog fuel in a curvy line and called it a road.

Since I came into the picture, I don't tolerate that kind of ****. If your going to do something, I think it should be done 100% correct and professional right from the start. If you can't afford to do something the correct way, you shouldn't do it at all. It's like buying a car but you cant afford insurance for it, then you shouldn't have it to begin with.

There are a ton of things around here in disrepair or just simply cheaped out on. All the fencing is non-treated, so it is completely rotten and all of it needs to be replaced, were talking 400, 10ft 2x6's. Only last year was there finally a permanent water line installed. For years, they would buy the cheapest hoses they could find, and put 5 of them together, to reach the 250 ft from the house water supply, to the barn. Obviously hoses being at ground level would freeze, so every winter she had to haul water to the barn by buckets, or wait until it became warmer. The hoses were exposed to UV rays, constant temperature changes, and since they were cheap, usually one hose blew every 6 months or so.

All of the fencing is cock-eyed because it was not done professionally. There were no holes dug and posts put in level and straight, it was the old, hold it up while I pound it in with the loader bucket. That's all fine and dandy if you do it straight and level!

Basically, everything besides the barn and the paddock fences, I would like to rip up and start over. I cannot stand unprofessional-ism, at work OR at home.

Don't get me wrong, she's very grateful that she was even given her own barn at the age of 12, but all through the years, there's no need to simply not maintain things, or not put in the roads and water lines a person needs. Especially when they aren't hurting for the money. It's the same old story, they always tell people they are broke and have no cash, but every single year they go on big grand vacations that cost $10,000.

Am I bitter about it? Yes, I am, and I always will be. I hate cheap people with a passion, I hate when people try to fix things the cheap way, or when they try to install something the cheap way. Now it's up to me to fix all of this stuff. The barn is still on there property, it isn't on ours, so I don't intend to pay for all kinds of upgrades that will increase there property value, of which I would never see one penny of if they decided to sell it. We pay for everything to do with the barn now, but I don't feel major projects should be the sole responsibility of our wallets. When it comes right down to it, it's not our land, they could take "her" barn anyway any time they feel like if they decided to sell.

WOW! I will restrained myself from replying to this post because I don't think you would like what I would have to say. Yes I know, you probably don't give a s*** about what I think. Nuff said!

WOW! I will restrained myself from replying to this post because I don't think you would like what I would have to say. Yes I know, you probably don't give a s*** about what I think. Nuff said!

No I can't say as I do. I am the one who knows what's going on because I am the one living it, your not in my shoes. You probably think she was given a grand barn that cost $50,000, maybe $100,000, not even close. It's a prefab structure that has 4 very small stalls, it's the size of a 1 car garage, and it was cheap. Considering she paid 100% for her own secondary education, she was way cheaper as a child then 90% of kids are.

Her family is out for themselves and that's that. They love guilt trips and bullshit stories about why they can't afford anything, but they throw money away on themselves like there's no tomorrow. And no, we don't ask for anything.

Don't lie to someone's face and say you don't have money and then go spend it all on yourself.

/ Hydraulic scraper with 4000 series. #20  

I hear ya Henri88.
Someone has a major problem.