Mower for a 110TLB

/ Mower for a 110TLB #1  

D Reed

Tractor
JD 110 tLB
Any suggestions for a mower that will be a good match for my new 110TLB?

I'm also interested to know if anyone has tried a FEL mount mower. I know the front hydro flow is only 12 gpm . Anyone have a front mount set up, how does it work?

Thanks

drew

/ Mower for a 110TLB #2  
What kind of mowing are you thinking? lawn? brush?

/ Mower for a 110TLB
initially some heavier clearing 3" minus and lots of brush then basic mowing and maintaining the initial clearing. About 3-4 acres

Drew

/ Mower for a 110TLB #4  
There's a guy on Youtube that runs a from mounted hydro mower, brush hog style. Not sure of it's capacity but it can be done.

Matt

/ Mower for a 110TLB #5  
Why you just run a standard brush hog off of the pto and 3ph? Or do you not have the 3 ph?

/ Mower for a 110TLB #6  
Better get the chainsaw out if you are talking much 3" stuff or buy a really heavy duty mower. That will be pushing the limits of lighter mowers and you really don't need to spend the money on a heavy duty model for 3-4 acres after clearing. Have you considered getting in there with you loader and knocking the stuff out?

MarkV

/ Mower for a 110TLB #7  
From my experience with this type clearing I would buy a grapple for the fel and a light to medium duty brush cutter 6' for the 3ph. I would be inclined to pull up the small stuff.

Depending on where you live you might want to dig a couple of long dep trenches and bury the debris. Just don't put the trenches in a place you might build on later.

/ Mower for a 110TLB #9  
I believe Bobcat also has a brush mower like this one.

Are you buying that buster mini? Looks like it would fit ok with the 110TLB.

Just can't imagine it mowing your lawn very well.

/ Mower for a 110TLB #10  
Do you really want to mow 3-4 acres with a 4' mower. You can easily run 6' off the back. I didn't dig enough to see a price. Hydraulic mowers are generally pretty expensive.

If it were me I would look at the long term rather than the initial clearing. There are a bunch of ways to do the clearing but the mowing will go on as long as you live there.

MarkV