5083E Limited Air Seat Help

/ 5083E Limited Air Seat Help #1  

ChrisJD4320

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 4320
Hello all! I have a 2010 JD 5083E Limited cab tractor. I use it for making round bales here on our property. Last summer I put about 100 hours on it. The problem is, my back is TOAST from the crappy seat with the mechanical suspension that is in the cab. I have read other posts where 5083E owners praise the air seat for the added comfort it provides. I ordered the suspension base from the dealer for $550 and was disappointed to find the base was the "one function, one button" style base. In the 5000 Series brochure they show a tractor with 3 green seat adjusters on the seat base. This deluxe air seat gives lumbar and fore and aft adjustments as well. The price, an additional $700, includes an entirely new seat including the cushions. The dealer says the deluxe seat is only available on the higher horsepower M series tractors but he can order it separate. My question is which air seat do people have? Is the single button base good enough? Should I spend the extra to get the deluxe 3 button seat. Is there another base available that has the 3 functions but doesn't require purchase of new upholstery as well? Thanks for your help!

/ 5083E Limited Air Seat Help #2  
I can't tell you much about the one button seat, but if you are going to spend money, spend it once and get the better seat from the M. What's the differential cost and how much does your back hurt. Would $200 matter over the next year if you feel better? I'd suck it up, cry and do it then not look back. I think you'd be happier.

/ 5083E Limited Air Seat Help #3  
Maybe mount a lazyboy in there...:)

/ 5083E Limited Air Seat Help #5  
I can't tell you much about the one button seat, but if you are going to spend money, spend it once and get the better seat from the M. What's the differential cost and how much does your back hurt. Would $200 matter over the next year if you feel better? I'd suck it up, cry and do it then not look back. I think you'd be happier.

Agree, over the lifetime of your owning the tractor, it is negligible. You can't fill up a full sized truck 2-3 for the price difference anymore, it needs to be put in perspective. I keep looking at cost and everything just keeps going up.

/ 5083E Limited Air Seat Help
Thanks for the replies. I agree that I need to bite the bullet and get the Better seat. The price of the new seat will be a total of $1260.00. I'm thinking I should check into Grammar seats for that price. I've heard that's who makes the seats for Deere anyhow.

/ 5083E Limited Air Seat Help #7  
I have the same tractor and I got the better seat...I spend alot of time in my 5083e and that seat makes all the difference. Get the better seat!! Much more adjustments.

/ 5083E Limited Air Seat Help
Ok so if I get the new seat, I will sell the old seat which is like new, and also has the optional backrest extension. How much is it worth do you think?

/ 5083E Limited Air Seat Help #9  
It's worth 500

/ 5083E Limited Air Seat Help #10  
If you do the install take some pics!

I might be interested in this upgrade as well.