New John Deere Owner

/ New John Deere Owner #1  

Ron JD670

Silver Member
Tractor
for Cristmas 2011 found used Joh Deere 670 w/ 40 hrs and options
Hello
My brother convinced me I needed a tractor for my 4.5 acre rock pile. My back when I moved the fire wood in for Christmas confirmed the matter.

I found a JD670 with 40 hours that had been covered and or barned most of it's life with FEL, PH auger, and rake. They delivered just before christmas and I have been creating a mess since then getting used to the tools. Almost took out the gate I was trying to improve the clearance on. Found out that the football size rocks are as much a problem for the PH auger as for me by hand.

Had to make a contraption to hang the auger on before I could get it off the 3 pt as I sure did not want to take it appart again. Had fun making a contraption to Hang a 200# roll of fencing wire from the FEL . Treated it like a paper towel roller with some chain and a piece of pipe. I rolled out 150 feet without a pinched finger or stained back. Now I know why I needed a tractor.

I look foward to finding some good ideas here. Will share some pictures when I figure out how.

Best wishes

Last edited:
   / New John Deere Owner #3  
Good to have you aboard. There is an informative JD forum here on TBN that may interest you.:tractor:

/ New John Deere Owner #4  
Welcome to TBN!!!

A 670 with 40 hours!!!!! 40 hours??

My first tractor was a 670. Great little machine!!
They put out about 20 Engine HP and 17 PTO HP which will be a good fit for your 4.5 acres (it was for my 2.5 acres).
I ran a 60" rear finishing mower (a BEFCO that was sold with the tractor) and 60" Land Pride rotary cutter. The mower did fine...the cutter bogged the tractor down a bit, now and then.

BTW, the 670 begat the 790 and current 3005...so there's still a lot of 670 heritage.

/ New John Deere Owner #5  
Welcome to TBN.:thumbsup:

/ New John Deere Owner #6  
WELCOME to TBN :)

I moved your thread to the John Deere Owning/Operating Forum.

/ New John Deere Owner #7  
A John Deere 670 with 40 hours is a rare find - will be watching for the pictures. A couple of years ago I bought a 4wd Kubota B8200 with 42 hours. It was like stepping through a time warp - old and new at the same time. Welcome to TBN!

/ New John Deere Owner
psdx
Thank you for the warm welcome. Yea I did not want to pay buy new and the few used units I found were realy used hard. The prior owner of the 670 was a machinist and he and his son both bought 670s. The son had 400 hours and the dad had 40. I could not pass it up. Now everyone thinks I am an Oregon Ducks fan.

I have atached pix of the tractor and the stand for haniging the post hole digger. Note still working on modification for a tripod to make the 3PT easier to hook up on the auger.

Attachments

• RonJD670-Utility Yard - Hang a  PH -0020WP.jpg
    RonJD670-Utility Yard - Hang a PH -0020WP.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 259
  • RonJD670-My 1st Tractor F Right - 0027WP.jpg
    RonJD670-My 1st Tractor F Right - 0027WP.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:
   / New John Deere Owner #10  
Congrats on the 670 and :welcome: to TBN! One of my friends has a 670 with over 2000 hours and it's still running strong. :thumbsup: