Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29
  1. #1
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    362
    Location
    Northern Washington
    Tractor
    John Deere 3033R

    Default Canopy question ?

    My dealer wants a small fortune for a top. Just need something for the rain.
    Anyone try these before ? Has good reviews but seems too cheap.
    Any recommendations ?
    Sun Guard Universal Tractor/Mower Canopy Sunshade FITS ALL MAKES & MODELS | eBay
    2016 3033R John Deere, X739 John Deere,X300 John Deere.

    Implements. Post Hole Digger Land Plane Landscape Rake Rear scraper Blade Box blade Pallet Forks Wood Chipper


    I drives me boat ! My wife drives me dingy !

  2. #2
    Super Star Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    14,436
    Location
    Yanceyville, North Carolina
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

    Default Re: Canopy question ?

    If you are only interested in something to shield you from the rain, perhaps you may find this website interesting? GEMPLER'S - Outdoor Work Supplies, Spray Equipment, PPE & more
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.

  3. #3
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    362
    Location
    Northern Washington
    Tractor
    John Deere 3033R

    Default Re: Canopy question ?

    Quote Originally Posted by creekbend View Post
    If you are only interested in something to shield you from the rain, perhaps you may find this website interesting? GEMPLER'S - Outdoor Work Supplies, Spray Equipment, PPE & more
    Umm, looking for something in fiberglass. But thanks.
    2016 3033R John Deere, X739 John Deere,X300 John Deere.

    Implements. Post Hole Digger Land Plane Landscape Rake Rear scraper Blade Box blade Pallet Forks Wood Chipper


    I drives me boat ! My wife drives me dingy !

  4. #4
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    310
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Tractor
    John Deere 3320 John Deere X739

    Default Re: Canopy question ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jamming View Post
    My dealer wants a small fortune for a top. Just need something for the rain.
    Anyone try these before ? Has good reviews but seems too cheap.
    Any recommendations ?
    Sun Guard Universal Tractor/Mower Canopy Sunshade FITS ALL MAKES & MODELS | eBay
    I would think that a 37" X 45" might be to small for a 3005. I have a 45" X 58" on my 3320 and it just barely keeps the rain off my seat and controls. I got the "TractorSunshade.com" model through my Deere dealer and it appears to be robust enough to survive a rollover. If I remember right it was around $600 installed.

  5. #5
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    362
    Location
    Northern Washington
    Tractor
    John Deere 3033R

    Default Re: Canopy question ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric102 View Post
    I would think that a 37" X 45" might be to small for a 3005. I have a 45" X 58" on my 3320 and it just barely keeps the rain off my seat and controls. I got the "TractorSunshade.com" model through my Deere dealer and it appears to be robust enough to survive a rollover. If I remember right it was around $600 installed.
    I will have to check but I think they make three sizes.
    2016 3033R John Deere, X739 John Deere,X300 John Deere.

    Implements. Post Hole Digger Land Plane Landscape Rake Rear scraper Blade Box blade Pallet Forks Wood Chipper


    I drives me boat ! My wife drives me dingy !

  6. #6
    Super Member AKfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,374
    Location
    Alaska
    Tractor
    JD 5115M; JD 110 TLB; JD 4720; Ford 9N; JD X300R

    Default Re: Canopy question ?

    Are you planning to keep your tractor for awhile.. is it a long-term investment for you?

    If that's the case; get something that's gonna hold up! And is a good fit for your ROPS.

    The good ones can take a lickin' in the woods!

    Have you checked here: John Deere - Parts Catalog

    You can compare the different models that Deere offers - and the prices - with what your Dealer has quoted.

    AKfish
    "Most people want to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it."

  7. #7
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    362
    Location
    Northern Washington
    Tractor
    John Deere 3033R

    Default Re: Canopy question ?

    Quote Originally Posted by AKfish View Post
    Are you planning to keep your tractor for awhile.. is it a long-term investment for you?

    If that's the case; get something that's gonna hold up! And is a good fit for your ROPS.

    The good ones can take a lickin' in the woods!

    Have you checked here: John Deere - Parts Catalog

    You can compare the different models that Deere offers - and the prices - with what your Dealer has quoted.

    AKfish
    Great link for parts, but no tops that i could find.
    2016 3033R John Deere, X739 John Deere,X300 John Deere.

    Implements. Post Hole Digger Land Plane Landscape Rake Rear scraper Blade Box blade Pallet Forks Wood Chipper


    I drives me boat ! My wife drives me dingy !

  8. #8
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    251
    Location
    Douglas County, Missouri
    Tractor
    Kubota 3130

    Default Re: Canopy question ?

    A friend made one out of a sheet of plywood and trim, a little angle iron.... Works for him. Have fun and stay safe.....

  9. #9
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    310
    Location
    minnesota
    Tractor
    JD

    Default Re: Canopy question ?

    i used a top from an ezgo golf cart. free. couple cans of green paint and your in business.....
    3520

  10. #10
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Canopy question ?

    Quote Originally Posted by hanson1999 View Post
    i used a top from an ezgo golf cart. free. couple cans of green paint and your in business.....
    Read my mind!, thats what I was going to suggest. and then use a encloser in bad weather.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New loader and canopy question
    By Lt220 in forum John Deere Buying/Pricing
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-02-2011, 08:43 PM
  2. 4341.1 Zetor Tractor Question
    By Cabinholler in forum Zetor
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-18-2005, 10:51 PM
  3. Question for those with 12v fans
    By TomWhite in forum New Holland Owning/Operating
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-04-2005, 07:38 PM
  4. Canopy Light
    By TonyC in forum Customization
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-19-2001, 07:32 PM
  5. Tractor Sizing L-series what size
    By gordon in forum Kubota Buying/Pricing
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 07-24-2000, 08:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2017 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.