Need to replace the block heater on my JD 2320

/ Need to replace the block heater on my JD 2320 #1  

yelbike

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 2305, 2320,Z465
I need to replace the block heater on my 2320. Is there a way of not draining all the antifreeze or am I SOL? :confused:

/ Need to replace the block heater on my JD 2320 #2  
I read on a forum where someone had the same problem,and just did the quick "switcheroo". He had the new one ready,and quickly exchanged the old with the new and didn't lose much anti freeze at all.:)

Hope you get it remedied.

Greg

/ Need to replace the block heater on my JD 2320 #3  
Tip it on its side ?, just kidding.

Nope, your going to have to drain it.

/ Need to replace the block heater on my JD 2320 #4  
How much anti-freeze will you need to drain? If I had to bet... I'd bet you'd be able to drain all you'd need to with a 2 1/2 gallon bucket.

15 minute job. Another 15 minutes to re-fill.

I'd use a bit of Teflon paste on the heater threads. :thumbsup:

AKfish

/ Need to replace the block heater on my JD 2320 #5  
I read on a forum where someone had the same problem,and just did the quick "switcheroo". He had the new one ready,and quickly exchanged the old with the new and didn't lose much anti freeze at all.:)

Hope you get it remedied.

Greg

:laughing: I started to respond with that approach... How fast are you?? Figured he'd likely lose a cup or so!

Be just about as much trouble cleaning everything up afterwards as it would be to just drain it...

AKfish

/ Need to replace the block heater on my JD 2320 #6  
Be just about as much trouble cleaning everything up afterwards as it would be to just drain it...

My thoughts too AK.
I figured I'd mention the switcheroo,because it's one of the options that has been done.

Greg