1975 John Deere 2030 (401c)

/ 1975 John Deere 2030 (401c)
No this tractor doesn't have a loader on it. I took the pressure control valve assembly off and the control valve piston inside looked possibly worn. Half of the valve piston, the side where the spring slides into, is smaller in width than the other half. Is that normal? Or does it need replaced?

/ 1975 John Deere 2030 (401c) #22  
I looked in JD parts but the spec's for that valve are unavailable. AR65882 VALVE,PRESSURE CONT,W/ORIFICE& ADD 74.55 USD . I can't tell from parts photo. A faulty pressure control valve shouldn't affect steering if stand-by pressure is 2000 psi or higher if there is a no major internal leak in rockshaft or SCV's. Is steering operation the same in fwd & rev.???????

Attachments

• TP5090_________UN01JAN94.gif
    TP5090_________UN01JAN94.gif
    9.7 KB · Views: 897
What if it was stuck in the open position? I think it was,? Is in open and out, toward the rear of the plug hole, closed? You say look in the filler hole in the rear to look for spaying, should it be spraying up toward the cap or is it down to where you can't see it? Of course the hydraulic fluid is drained because the pressure control valve housing being off.

/ 1975 John Deere 2030 (401c) #24  
Is in open and out, toward the rear of the plug hole, closed? You say look in the filler hole in the rear to look for spaying, should it be spraying up toward the cap or is it down to where you can't see it?

Pressure control valve in forward position should cut off hyd pressure to rockshaft & scv's. Does reverser affect PS if it's in fwd or rev? On the spraying oil inside RS housing IIRC shine flashlight in the hole and if leaking one can see "misting oil" that is with engine running & 3pt raised.

The reverser doesn't affect the powersteering when in idle. When in gear, the power steering is still not affected. (turn medium hard in low gear, but when going down the road in a high gear it turns pretty good. (the steering wheel pulsates).Of course it should because it is easier to turn while going.) The ccontrol valve was stuck in the open position though then I push it a little and then it went forward. Im still going to probably going to rebuild while it is off.

/ 1975 John Deere 2030 (401c) #26  
I am new to this and am not sure exactly how to do this, but here goes. I have a JD 401C with a front loader (no back hoe), which I just bought used. I am in the process of changing hydraulic oil because it has water in it. I have a service manual, but I can't seem to determine where the screen actually is that I need to clean. Also, where is the filter that I will need to replace located? Can anyone help me?

/ 1975 John Deere 2030 (401c) #27  
I am new to this and am not sure exactly how to do this, but here goes. I have a JD 401C with a front loader (no back hoe), which I just bought used. I am in the process of changing hydraulic oil because it has water in it. I have a service manual, but I can't seem to determine where the screen actually is that I need to clean. Also, where is the filter that I will need to replace located? Can anyone help me?

Screen is parts key 15.

Attachments

• R34071_________UN01JAN94.gif
    R34071_________UN01JAN94.gif
    11.8 KB · Views: 855
   / 1975 John Deere 2030 (401c) #29  
The tractor has a reverser on it, Hi/Lo shift but, it doesn't have independent pto. I just bought the tractor about two weeks ago and it has a rebuilt engine in it so about 4 hours on it. Before rebuild? I don't know, the previous owner said that the tach did't work. Where would the transmission oil filter relief valve be located? The tractor didn't look like it got used much.

Never seen a reverser on a tractor along with the high low shift.