John deere 755

/ John deere 755 #1  

Lampe208

Tractor
755 John Deere
Can anyone help. When my 755 is first started when cold it starts right up and dies after a second . After repeating this about 6 t 7 times I finally can get it to idle . When the engine is warm it's not a problem. I have put new glow plugs in. Flushed the fuel lines . Bled the lines for Air.

/ John deere 755 #2  
Sounds like you are experiencing fuel drainback when it sits for a period of time. This usually happens when the fuel lines between fuel tan and injection pump aren't tightly sealed. Try replacing all the rubber hoses from tank to the pump, filter, to the injection pump. That will probably fix it. The hoses can get tiny dry rot cracks in them and leak.

/ John deere 755 #3  
I own a Deere 755 also experience the same issue don't think its fuel drain back in the rubber lines. The filter is full on my f932 it had a problem with loosing fuel prime and it would run till the filter housing got low on fuel the issue was in the pick up tube in tank but it ran with air in the system till filter drained. Also if I let my fuel pump go for min to prime the system it does the same thing on my 755 In my experience I increase the throttle and its start better no idea if idle is too low I don't really worry about it too much doesn't cause me much of an issue try idling the throttle up not all the way but increase it a little. Also is your fuel regulator internal mount or external mount.

/ John deere 755
I think it's external but not sure . I have moved the throttle up to full and I get it to run slightly longer but it still continues this start run for a few seconds then dies . It sounds like it gets enough fuel right away ti fire but it's starving for fuel to keep it running. But after several times ,at least minimum of 6 starts it finally will have enough to keep running. Colder weather the more times it takes to keep it running . Like I mentioned after the engine is warm it fires with a touch of the starter and stays running. This is only a cold engine when I have to do this.

/ John deere 755 #5  
Do you let the fuel pump run a min before you try it? how long do let the glow plugs run? On your tractor does it have a glow plug feature where turn the key back then crank? The reason I ask is my Deere we bought no engine in it the rings failed so I installed a larger yanmar and a yanmar spec for a different machine so its not all oem.