Parking Brake Upgrade on 3000/4000 cabs

/ Parking Brake Upgrade on 3000/4000 cabs #1  

Red Horse

Veteran Member
Tractor
Deere 655ZTrak, Deere 4720 Cab, 400 X LT 155
Is anyone aware if the parking brake cable on the earlier 3000/4000 cabs has been upgraded. I have a 2007 that I have had for about a month now and I'm getting tired of using "extra care" every time I want to use the parking brake without fear of it locking up. Sure would be nice if they made a kit to convert to hand lever as the non-cab and new cab tractors have.

/ Parking Brake Upgrade on 3000/4000 cabs #2  
I'm not aware of any such brake upgrade kit but I sure am interested for my 2007 3720 cab tractor.

/ Parking Brake Upgrade on 3000/4000 cabs #3  
somebody on here has pictures of there new 4520 and it has the brake on the floor like the open station.

I'm waiting for my new 3720 cab to show up and i'm curious to see what it will have.

I've looked in JD parts and haven't seen any serial # breaks. but european shows the floor style....

/ Parking Brake Upgrade on 3000/4000 cabs
somebody on here has pictures of there new 4520 and it has the brake on the floor like the open station.

I'm waiting for my new 3720 cab to show up and i'm curious to see what it will have.

I've looked in JD parts and haven't seen any serial # breaks. but european shows the floor style....
I'm sure it will be the lever. The cable is unbelievably cheesy. I'm sure if used properly from day one (pushing firmly on brake pedals to release BEFORE and while pushing release button IN) you would not have a problem. But on mine, I'm sure the cable got a bend in it and took a "set". I've straightened it out once-removing lower panel in cab under instrument panel, and tilting hood-but its not easy-at least for my skill level!

/ Parking Brake Upgrade on 3000/4000 cabs #5  
There is a kit available that eliminates the cable. It converts to a rod to disengage the park brake for people that have issues with the cable bending. The cable actually worked well when used as intended, but there was some confusion about proper releasing procedure. The kit is part number LVA17750. It's a bit of a hassle to install, but it makes it more reliable.

There is a kit available that eliminates the cable. It converts to a rod to disengage the park brake for people that have issues with the cable bending. The cable actually worked well when used as intended, but there was some confusion about proper releasing procedure. The kit is part number LVA17750. It's a bit of a hassle to install, but it makes it more reliable.

JD-Thx-I'm bringing up on the web next. I'll also stop in and visit the service boys today to get their take on degree of difficulty.:thumbsup:

/ Parking Brake Upgrade on 3000/4000 cabs #7  
Hey JD, that's great. Many thanks for the info. :)

Hey JD, that's great. Many thanks for the info. :)
Well guys I ordered the part this afternoon. 40 bucks. Parts guy couldn't bring up a picture of it on his screen. I tried before I went to dealer and also couldn't find it.

JD, I assume you do all this from inside cab?-drop bottom plastic panel under steering column/dash?

Well guys I ordered the part this afternoon. 40 bucks. Parts guy couldn't bring up a picture of it on his screen. I tried before I went to dealer and also couldn't find it.

JD, I assume you do all this from inside cab?-drop bottom plastic panel under steering column/dash?
Well guys the parts came in today-surprise-was ordered yesterday! In any case, impressive kit-7 pages of instructions- JD 110, any suggestions other than get a good night's sleep before I try it?:thumbsup:

By the way, we all know how pricey Deere parts are- This is one value-40 bucks! I guess when they know the original part/component was a bad design, maybe they go easy on the upgrade-which they should given what a 3000/4000 cab lists for.

Wish me luck!

/ Parking Brake Upgrade on 3000/4000 cabs #10  
Good luck Red.

If you can I would love to see some pics of the swap. I've heard of the paring break complaint before - but never seen the fix!:thumbsup: