jd 5510 hydraulics

/ jd 5510 hydraulics #1  

cowski

Platinum Member
Tractor
cx70,5510,4630,5005, 108s
my jd 5510 hydraulics this winter are slow to work when the tractor is cold.after 30 minutes they mostly work fine.during the first thirty minutes they work real jerky or do not work at all.the tractor has over 3600 hours on it. i have changed the fluid,filter and cleaned the screen.it appeared to have a little fine break material in it.anyone have any ideas?

/ jd 5510 hydraulics #2  
Manual says to turn the steering wheel to lock, The fluid that goes through the relief valve will heat the rest of the oil.

engine speed = 1000 rpm

hold steering wheel in full lock left or right

DO NOT EXCEED 2 to 3 MINUTES warm up time

/ jd 5510 hydraulics #3  
There was a post awhile back that was very similar to yours. The thinking was that the brake material might be an o-ring that was going bad. Members felt that it was on the suction side and not the pressure side, since on the pressure side most likely fluid would be coming out. On the suction side air was getting in causing the problem you described.

How is the steering and the 3Pt? Granted these are on different sides of the pump, but might provide some other insight to the problem.

I am guessing you have the tech. manual, but I have attached a picture of the hydraulic system that might give others some thoughts.

Please keep us posted on how things go.

Attachments

• hydrsystem.pdf
    358.8 KB · Views: 617
   / jd 5510 hydraulics #4  
Manual says to turn the steering wheel to lock, The fluid that goes through the relief valve will heat the rest of the oil.

engine speed = 1000 rpm

hold steering wheel in full lock left or right

DO NOT EXCEED 2 to 3 MINUTES warm up time

Thanks for telling me that! Now I don't have to idle my tractors for minutes and look like an idiot when its warming up.

/ jd 5510 hydraulics
the steering just barely works .i was thinking it might be a check valve or relief valve.after winter feeding i am going to work on it.does any one have an idea where? thanks

/ jd 5510 hydraulics
any more thoughts? thanks

/ jd 5510 hydraulics #7  

Have you tried any other options on your end? What's the status of the other hyd functions?

AKfish

/ jd 5510 hydraulics #8  

If your tractor has SCV's you could get a 2 ft hyd hose and put 2 male coupler tips on it and insert in breakaway couplers and move control lever to circulate oil. I did this when I worked at a JD dealer to heat up hyd to help diagnose malfunctions on a JD closed center hyd system.

PS:This method was recommended by JD.

/ jd 5510 hydraulics #9  
If your tractor has SCV's you could get a 2 ft hyd hose and put 2 male coupler tips on it and insert in breakaway couplers and move control lever to circulate oil. I did this when I worked at a JD dealer to heat up hyd to help diagnose malfunctions on a JD closed center hyd system.

PS:This method was recommended by JD.

Still do... that's the recommended method for my 2011 5075M. In the Operator's manual from Deere. (Really wished they made a hyd heater - similar to the one for the JD 110TLB.)

AKfish

/ jd 5510 hydraulics
hey tx jim i believe it has open center hydraulics .the problem i am having is cold ,warm it is fine.is this normal for a 3600 hour 5510 tractor ? is the fix to install the hose to warm it faster?i was thinking a valve might be sticking.what do you think,i am all ears?