JD 5400 Manifold heater

/ JD 5400 Manifold heater #1  

kubotafool

Tractor
John Deere 5400
JD 5400 has no power at the green wire at ignition switch in any position. New switch has same condition.
How is the manifold heater supposed to get power to the relay?

/ JD 5400 Manifold heater #2  
Did you test the green wire on the switch, when the key was pressed in? The key switch gets its power from wire marked 12. The following may or may not be of use.

The following was taken out of the tech manual for 5X10. I looked at JD parts and the 5400 and 5X10 look the same in this area. The manifold heater relay (part # AL81719) and a manifold heater/glow plug (part # RE29658). I include the JD parts site if you do not have it.

System is controlled by operator only. No automatic control is used. When operator pushes in on key in RUN or START position, current flows through 30-amp fuse and across starting aid contacts of key switch. Current exits key switch on circuit 385 and travels to terminal 86 of manifold heater relay. As current passes through windings of relay, a magnetic field develops which pulls relay contacts and connects terminals 30 and 87. Current then passes from battery through circuit 002 and to manifold heater.

John Deere - Parts Catalog

/ JD 5400 Manifold heater
Thank you, JD5210.
I did not know to push the key in. That solves my problem.
Scott