Switching loaders from 420 to 430

/ Switching loaders from 420 to 430 #1  

rockyridgefarm

Elite Member
Tractor
Yanmar YT347
I have a 430 loader on order to replace the 420 that came on my 4310. Is the mounting hardware the same? I am hoping to detach the 420, take it to the dealer and return with the 430. Is that possible - or will I have to take the whole thing back?

/ Switching loaders from 420 to 430
well digging at jdparts shows both loaders use the same mounting hardware. I love jdparts! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Switching loaders from 420 to 430 #3  
why are you switching to the 430. I have thought about doing this myself. I was told by my dealer that there is not much difference in capabilities.

Over in JD Buying/Pricing I have a thread "My 4310 is on the Ground" is where I debated that. Most of the advice was that you can live with the 420. But I had wanted the 430, and while it was new, was the best time to settle it.

You can read all the spec differances there, or look at them at Deere's site. There is only a little more strength, and reach, but that is what it takes to make it work, for me.

Here are the differances in use, from Deere docs:

4n1 Bucket - 430 Yes, 420 No
HD Bucket - 430 Yes, 420 No
Bale Spear - 430 Yes, 420 No
Front Blade - 430 Yes, 420 No
Large Bucket - 430 Yes, 420 No
Green Color - 430 Yes, 420 Yes

Some of that might work on the 420, but not by Deere's docs. Doing so, could void a warranty, even if it did.

For mev it was worth the little differance in price.

/ Switching loaders from 420 to 430 #5  
Hey Mike, glad you were able to strike a trade with your dealer. That was some good info above you gave. I didn't realize all the stuff that fits the 430 and not the 420.
Would you mind my asking what the price difference was?
Are you getting enough seat time or does your real job get in the way like mine does?
Kyle

The cost differance was $600., I think its closer to $500 at time of order, But I still got a good deal....

I am not finding LX cutters anywhere near the prices you got. ~1500 for a LX6...

Your right about "real jobs" Mu wife has also been so busy, that we aren't getting much time on it. Even with our 4' cutter, the mowing goes a lot faster....