Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    John Deere 2030, John Deere 6415

Default Re: Help with 3210 Bush Hog

From your picture; on the right hand side is there a push button on the yoke at about 6 o'clock? Maybe that is pushed to release, and the shaft collapses to the left? Is the round part to the left something that holds a slip joint?

If you find a way to release the cross shaft from one of the gear boxes it might be easier to unbolt the box (if it will move enough to get the cross shaft off than pull the blade carrier.
    John Deere 2030 JD 245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 mfwd JD 640SL Loader

Tractor
    John Deere 2030, John Deere 6415

Quote Originally Posted by lagunagrande View Post
    Here is the picture. There is one nut and bolt that seem to not do anything, I have taken it out, tried to push the bolt out and it refuses to budge.
    I am assuming you have a center main gear box and two out board boxes. If so, is the other cross shaft different? If so, post a picture of that side. Maybe only one side is removable for timing the blades.

I think the round thing in you picture is a cushion for the cross shaft, not a slip joint.
    John Deere 2030 JD 245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 mfwd JD 640SL Loader

Quote Originally Posted by Zebrafive View Post
    I am assuming you have a center main gear box and two out board boxes. If so, is the other cross shaft different? If so, post a picture of that side. Maybe only one side is removable for timing the blades.

I think the round thing in you picture is a cushion for the cross shaft, not a slip joint.
    There is no release pin, I wish there was... Here are some more pictures.

I looked up the operating manual and, I think, it says to remove the stump jumper and re-align it that way. My only problem is that it looks like it weighs around 200lbs with the blades on it. I can't exactly easily maneuver it around.
    Last edited by lagunagrande; 05-26-2012 at 01:14 PM.

Tractor
    Case 885, Ford 4000

There is no release pin, I wish there was... Here are some more pictures.

I looked up the operating manual and, I think, it says to remove the stump jumper and re-align it that way. My only problem is that it looks like it weighs around 200lbs with the blades on it. I can't exactly easily maneuver it around.
    Take the blades off it first.
    We have too much gun control.
    What we need is more idiot control.

I just went out there with the biggest wrench I have (1 3/4") and it is way too small. I need something like 2" or 2 1/2". There has got to be an easier way to do this!

Tractor
    Case 885, Ford 4000

I just went out there with the biggest wrench I have (1 3/4") and it is way too small. I need something like 2" or 2 1/2". There has got to be an easier way to do this!
    There are two ways to get this done.
    1. Procure the proper tools and have at it.
    2. Get out your checkbook and pay someone else for their tools, time and talent.

You get to decide which is "easier". Some of this stuff is plain bullwork.

The blade bolt nuts are 1-11/16" and the downshaft nut is probably 1-13/16, but I'm not positive of that. BH uses several nuts and shafts in that location.

Quote Originally Posted by RickB View Post
    There are two ways to get this done.
    1. Procure the proper tools and have at it.
    2. Get out your checkbook and pay someone else for their tools, time and talent.

You get to decide which is "easier". Some of this stuff is plain bullwork.

The blade bolt nuts are 1-11/16" and the downshaft nut is probably 1-13/16, but I'm not positive of that. BH uses several nuts and shafts in that location.
    I'll head into TSC tomorrow and get the correct wrench and support stands. I'll post up the size of the bolt when I measure it in case anyone needs it.

Picture of just how bad the timing is off:
    Last edited by lagunagrande; 05-26-2012 at 01:14 PM.

Tractor
    Case 885, Ford 4000

I'm wondering how this thing got out of time. Back to your first photo; you should check the shock limiting device on the RH side of that short driveline. Did the input splined coupler slip within the outer sleeve of the central yoke weldment??

You don't say whether this machine is new to you, or if you have been using it for a period of time and all of a sudden it is out of time. Which is it?

Quote Originally Posted by RickB View Post
    I'm wondering how this thing got out of time. Back to your first photo; you should check the shock limiting device on the RH side of that short driveline. Did the input splined coupler slip within the outer sleeve of the central yoke weldment??

You don't say whether this machine is new to you, or if you have been using it for a period of time and all of a sudden it is out of time. Which is it?
    I will answer your first question when I go out and check.

I have had this shredder for about 6-7years. Bought it brand new and it has never had this problem before. I keep the fluid levels up, grease the joints, the works.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast