4720 Cab -Electrical Gremlin

/ 4720 Cab -Electrical Gremlin #1  

Red Horse

Veteran Member
Tractor
Deere 655ZTrak, Deere 4720 Cab, 400 X LT 155
Guys- any opinions? today after doing a couple of grapple loads of firewood, its getting dark and I'm about to drop the grapple to put the plow on as we are supposed to get up to 8" tonite. I put the lights on and the minute I get past the hazard position, machine shuts down and is dead. Turn key, dash indicators come on but that is it.

After a few minutes I get dash indicators, code 61-which is right tail lamp, it starts but again, minute I turn light switch past Hazard it shuts down.. I pull the fuse block cover push all the fuses then grab a wire connector that has about 3 wires on it- I'm bending it while holding key and it starts and lights work. end of issue =on/off, lights on/off, no issue.

Anyone have any thoughts? the right tail light by the way works.

Appreciate any insights:confused:

/ 4720 Cab -Electrical Gremlin #2  
No ideas beyond what you discovered...that the issue is in the wire connector. Look at it closer in the daylight to see if there is a wire loose or a bare wire touching ground.
Good luck with it, and hope it never happens again...:) :)

/ 4720 Cab -Electrical Gremlin
No ideas beyond what you discovered...that the issue is in the wire connector. Look at it closer in the daylight to see if there is a wire loose or a bare wire touching ground.
Good luck with it, and hope it never happens again...:) :)
10-4, thx. no logic to it.