John Deere 6403 Thermostat

/ John Deere 6403 Thermostat #1  

josh2500

Im trying to get the thermostat out of my 6403. The therostat housing at the end of the upper radiator hose is bolted to the block. Im assuming the thermostat is in their and it needs to be removed. However, there is a pressed in cooland line that is stuck in the housing. Any ideas how the housing is removed in order to get to the thermostat? Thanks in advance...

/ John Deere 6403 Thermostat #2  
That pressed in line will slip right out of the waterpump so im assuming it'll slip out of therm housing too. I know the waterpump end of it has a rubber grommet that allows for removal and reinstallation.

/ John Deere 6403 Thermostat
It looked like the other end of it ran into the front cover. However, on the thermostat housing its pressed in with no rubber hose connecting it. It should just pull out?

/ John Deere 6403 Thermostat #4  
Yes. Just loosen it up out of retaining clips, then go ahead and take nuts off thermostat housing. Work it back n forth, should slide rite out. A thin film of grease should help sticking it back in. Dont use soap because it'll cause sudsing and bubbles in the system.

/ John Deere 6403 Thermostat #5  
PS the rubber insert is internal where you cannot see it with pulling tubing.

/ John Deere 6403 Thermostat #6  
That pressed in line will slip right out of the waterpump so im assuming it'll slip out of therm housing too. I know the waterpump end of it has a rubber grommet that allows for removal and reinstallation.

A tractor that new having stat problems ?