Anyone had success matching john deere paint at home depot?

/ Anyone had success matching john deere paint at home depot? #1  

shortthrow50

Banned
Tractor
2012 John Deere 3520 Deluxe Cab
Was thinking about bringing a sample in and trying to match the yellow and green as close as possible for implements. Anyone on here already did this and have a code or something for Behr or what evever? Doesnt have to be exact. Close would be nice becuase I have some implements from tsc that appear to be the old caterpillar yellow paint. Thanks in advance and im sure others would appreciate this info. I will report back if i have any success.

/ Anyone had success matching john deere paint at home depot? #2  
Have not found a paint match that isn't genuine JD paint. Might look close for awhile, but in time it will just not match.

One can spot a substitute paint a mile away (least IMO).

/ Anyone had success matching john deere paint at home depot? #3  
Was thinking about bringing a sample in and trying to match the yellow and green as close as possible for implements. Anyone on here already did this and have a code or something for Behr or what evever? Doesnt have to be exact. Close would be nice becuase I have some implements from tsc that appear to be the old caterpillar yellow paint. Thanks in advance and im sure others would appreciate this info. I will report back if i have any success.

Why not go to tractor supply and buy a can of John Deere Green & JD Yellow Paint.

Valspar Tractor & Implement High Gloss Enamel, John Deere Green, 1 gal. - 3449423 | Tractor Supply Company

/ Anyone had success matching john deere paint at home depot?
Have not found a paint match that isn't genuine JD paint. Might look close for awhile, but in time it will just not match.

One can spot a substitute paint a mile away (least IMO).
I agree but for some old crap implements that are rusty or a whole nother color, something close wont matter. especially with it being on an implement. if it was part of the tractor, i would not skimp out at all.

Why not go to tractor supply and buy a can of John Deere Green & JD Yellow Paint.

Valspar Tractor & Implement High Gloss Enamel, John Deere Green, 1 gal. - 3449423 | Tractor Supply Company

yeah i saw that buddy. Tractor supply is about 45 minutes from me. i just figured it would be nice to go 5 minutes down the road to home depot for some cheap implement touch up.

/ Anyone had success matching john deere paint at home depot?
i hope im not stepping on any toes with this thread. Im john deere with all my heart but sometimes you have to improvise. With the tractor itself you dont want to improvise but with cheap or old implements, it sometimes pays to be close. Thought maybe this thread might be useful somewhat to some people. Maybe not.

/ Anyone had success matching john deere paint at home depot? #6  
I buy mine from the Deere dealer don't remember the price but it was reasonable.

Home Depot sells Rustoleum paints too and they offer the Deere colors.

/ Anyone had success matching john deere paint at home depot? #7  
i hope im not stepping on any toes with this thread. Im john deere with all my heart but sometimes you have to improvise. With the tractor itself you dont want to improvise but with cheap or old implements, it sometimes pays to be close. Thought maybe this thread might be useful somewhat to some people. Maybe not.

@shortthrow50 THANK YOU !!!

You and me both... I was going to post the same thread, lol
Glad you did though, I need some Touch Up and maybe painting the Yellow Wheels... But I was gonna use Spray Cans, and saw them at HD JD Green... :) But Spray cost too much :(

/ Anyone had success matching john deere paint at home depot? #8  
I am in the process of painting a lot of old equipment and had the same dilema. I went to a local paint store and asked about matching and suprisingly they actually had the paint mix data for most implements. I don't know if it matters but they are a Benjamin Moore dealer and were able to mix JD Green and Yellow directly from their computer mix system. The colors were very close. I will get the paint details and color numbers and post later.

As mentioned in previous posts when i touch up the tractor i use the Tractor Supply Implement Paint, but for other implements the BM paint is cheaper and close enough.

As a side note, i was at Tractor Supply yesterday and the sales rep told me that they are getting rid of the current Implement Paint (Valspar) and going to a House Brand paint. He could not tell me the brand or if they were going to carry a full line so if you are thinking about getting some of their paint you might want to get some sooner than later.

Good Luck,
Dave

/ Anyone had success matching john deere paint at home depot? #9  
If you want spray cans, Walmart has yellow that matches perfect--green is very close.

/ Anyone had success matching john deere paint at home depot? #10  
Lowes called Valspar and got the mix codes when I did the kitchen. Came out just about perfect but will depend on the shine you go with.